Ever heard of MIT Terminator cables?

Dylanl

MIT cables stands for Music Interface Technologies, and has nothing to do with the Massachusetts Institute of Technology.

MIT cables started the whole business of putting little boxes on the cables that were proported to match the amp to the speaker load. The boxes were usually sealed and filled with an expoxy like compound so you couldn't open 'em up and look inside to see what was in there.

The old Home Theater magazine, back when Cory Greenburg was writing for them, bought a pair and cut them open with a saw, found a simple inductor inside the magic box. I believe his tag line on the discovery was "It's a Choke, ya Chicken" (sophmoric humor apology).

In any case, they're yetta nother take on the Big Bucks Cables make your Big Bucks System sound Better landscape. Try them out - if they sound good, keep them.

I have some. they sound good in some situations and not in others, you will have to try them and see. whatever is in the box (I thought it was a zobel network) can be great some applications and not so transparent in others. I like them where I have them (on a long run from a preamp to an amp). regards, tony

I've got some too. Model MITerminator 2 Bi-Wire in a 12' pair. AudioAdvisor had them on closeout so I ordered a pair for ~$225 (I think).

I can't complain. I thought they sounded better than the 14 ga. Woods lamp cord I was using (that was 20 years old) and even newly purchased 12 ga. Monster Cable.

I'm at a loss of how to describe the "new" sound but these things look like a grey garden-hose.

----------------

On 7/19/2005 4:11:24 PM scott0527 wrote:

----------------

On 7/18/2005 10:03:38 PM Dylanl wrote:

Yes they do have a box in the middle with silicone all around. So this cable should be run between audio components?
----------------

Come on you're joking aren't you Brett? You know this stuff. MIT, makes voodoo speaker cables and interconnects.

----------------

Sorry on this one I have to plead the 5th. I have always gone with generic cables ( monster etc. ) and 10 gauge wire. I just have never experienced any difference. Sorry, I hope I did not let you down. I just don't buy into the whole cable thing. Maybe this will change my mind

I did look them up on the web but that does not mean they are any good or where one would use them.

Did he/she give you a pair of these? Or just one?

I have the same cables, just that I ordered mine in bi-wire for my KLF-20's.

Looks like he/she gave you something that was on CLOSEOUT for $225 depending on the length (mine are 12').

Did he/she give you the any terminations with them? You can get two different sized spades as well as use them in pin-form that you have now. The spades ran me about $20 for 4 of them. They just thread on and use a jam nut to keep them tight.