CF-4 or CF-3 forsale

marems

Marem, I'm curious, why do you want to swap KLF-30s for CF-3s? Looking at your current system profile, your 5.1 home theater is perfectly matched. The CF-3s are also smaller than the KLF-30s, so its not really an equal trade.

Well currently my theater room is under constuction and I'm focusing on my 2 channel set up. I find the epic series more of a fuller sounding speaker than say the 30's, but don't get me wrong the legend series are a great speaker, I'm keeping the 20's, I will miss the the 30's. Plus size has nothing to do with equal trade the epics will dig deeper than the legends. My friends CF-2's are a good example they don't have as much output as the 20's and the 30's but the epics do dig deeper. So thats why I would like to get into the epics. I would have liked to have traded the 30's for the CF-4's as far as equal trade ( two 12's for two 12's) But the epics are pretty rare as you know, so I will jump on the CF-3s.

Hi, Marems. My friend, BobG, forwarded to me your note about your interest in CF-3's. I have a pair that look so-so (nothing specific, just showing their age a bit), but sound great (e.g., cones & horns are in excellent shape). Shipping won't be cheap from Indianapolis to Omaha, but I will sell them to you at a very reasonable price.

Please contact me by responding to this post if you are interested.

Thanks.

Mike

Hey Marems,

I can understand your interest in the Epic series. I have had a pair of Epic CF3's for close to a year. They are a fantastic speaker that also mates well with my KLF C-7 center. As you already know they have tremendous bass output and slam and are a lot of fun to listen to.

From what I have read on this sight, there were 2 changes made to the Epics during their run. some have said that the first generation was the best, and one should try to get those if possible.

Mine were shipped from Minneapolis to California using DHL and they charged about $160 for the pair. They were not packed that well and did get some corner dings but otherwise arrived intact.

Good luck with the search.

• 1 month later...

Well I picked up these CF3's today, I think they might have been BobG's and they are MONSTERS! At like 44" tall, they make my Cornwalls look tiny. Drivers are uper-cool. I've been given kind permission to hook em up and test drive prior to delivery to Cleveland Ohio. Hope they'll fit in my Accord. I'm thinking one in back seat and one in trunk hopefully. They take up about 1/3 the bed of my truck. Would hate to have to drive that beast for 10 hours for this delivery.

Michael

• 2 months later...

Well colter, If you get a chance to hook them up please let me know of the sound compaired to a cornwall. Because those are the two speakers I am considering. Thanks

I liked the sound of these CF3's. I understand that they will be the rear speakers in Cleve's HT setup with CF4's across the front.

I took them to Forward Air freight today where they were packed inside a plastic container used to ship motorcycles. They're surronded by knocked-down cardboard boxes, with a roll of house insulation crammed in one end to keep em from sliding around too much. I wasn't able to tie them down with motorcycle straps because there wasn't sufficient openings in the bottom to attach the straps. Padlocks on and sent a email to Jim Cleveland that they should be arriving in Buffalo according to schedule.

Let's see how this shipping method works out. It wasn't inexpensive, but they'll be trucked and handled by forklift only. No way to drop them really and if they take a hit, they'll be flat on one side when it happens.

I've said the requisite prayers to the shipping Gods. Awaiting word from NY.

Michael