denon-2910?

travisc

ok, Denon 2910, trying to play Neil Young hawks and doves DVD_A. recorded at 176khz/24-bit. I have no problem playing it at 48khz/24. My question I guess, can My yamaha htr-5790 process 176khz? I almost feel the answer is no. Next question will the dvd2910 play it automaticaly at 176khz convert it to analog and push it out the multi channel source? I consider myself pretty techie and the manual for this 2910 is confusing at best.

The only digital signal is I assume lpcm 48khz, Ive a/b'd multi in and pcm. multi sounds alot better but that could just be that the Denon is just superior at converting. Anyone got some suggestions?

thanks Wayne

thanks, I been reading.....and reading this manual. I think that dvd-a is only output through the multi as with sacd. That site is bookmarked.

dvd-a is also multi only. Pcm output is first downsized.

Infact I think I will use pure direct full time, using the internal DAC for movies and all.

Thanks again for the forum TDK

Wayne

----------------

On 7/20/2005 6:04:25 PM travisc wrote:

...Infact I think I will use pure direct full time, using the internal DAC for movies and all.

----------------

I am not familiar with your Yamaha. If it is a newer model the processing for DVD's (Not "A") may sound better through the digital connection. Insofar as pure direct is concerned that nullifies the bass management feature of the 2910. In my system I prefer more bass on SACD and most DVD-A sources. FYI. On DVD's through the digital connection the 2910's bass management is not engaged.

----------------

On 7/20/2005 7:03:24 PM tkdamerica wrote:

----------------

On 7/20/2005 6:04:25 PM travisc wrote:

...Infact I think I will use pure direct full time, using the internal DAC for movies and all.

----------------

I am not familiar with your Yamaha. If it is a newer model the processing for DVD's (Not "A") may sound better through the digital connection. Insofar as pure direct is concerned that nullifies the bass management feature of the 2910. In my system I prefer more bass on SACD and most DVD-A sources. FYI. On DVD's through the digital connection the 2910's bass management is not engaged.

----------------

I may end up agreeing with the decoder issue with dvd's but will need some time listening.

the pure direct does not turn off bass management though, source direct on the other hand will. Pure direct will give you the bass management with the option to turn off Display, picture, and pcm output or any combo therein.

I am listening to PF darkside of the moon right now in pure direct all of multichannel and the sub is pumping away.

The beginning of money in multichannel brings a smile to my face.

tdk if you dont have bass with movies or sacd you dont have bass enhancer set to on. with my multi, sub recieves signals in all formats that have a .1 signal.

If I can remember back a month....I know its a long time for me, I also wasnt getting sub signals until I set bass enhancer to on.

----------------

On 7/20/2005 7:48:00 PM travisc wrote:

tdk if you dont have bass with movies or sacd you dont have bass enhancer set to on. with my multi, sub recieves signals in all formats that have a .1 signal.

If I can remember back a month....I know its a long time for me, I also wasnt getting sub signals until I set bass enhancer to on.

----------------

You are correct about "Pure Direct." My bad.(I got confused with my "Direct mode" setting on my receiver)4.gif

I do have bass enhancer set to "on" for SACD/DVD-A audio sources (6 channel analog). I Let my Denon 3805 decode DD & DTS sources. {edit: optical connection:}

The "Bass Enhancer" should have no effect on signals sent through the digital cable. If the ".1" is being sent through the sub analog cable to your Yammi's sub input, along with connection of the other 5 channels, your Denon is doing the decoding and Bass management is engaged. That is the way I understand it. 2.gif