RB-25 VS RC-3 FOR REARS

The RC-3's are discontinued. If you have access to 2 that may be the way to go. IMO They are a better speaker than the RB-25. It also depends on how much room you have behind you to put speakers in a 7 channel configuration. {edit: in a narrower configuration I would opt for 2 bookshelf speakers such as the RB-5's (discontinued, but excellent) or the RB-75's to replace your side surrounds and move them to the back}

I upgraded to an RC-7 from an RC-3. Just for S&G, I thought the RC-3 would make a good surround. I put it up on one stand and the other channel has my Bose 901. The Bose blew it away. It also sounded BETTER than a Heresy!!

Now I am wondering if I get some RS-7s or RB-75s, that would be a sideways move...... You can get a used set of 901s for prolly $400.

----------------

On 7/25/2005 11:01:16 PM rockbobmel wrote:

----------------

For side surrounds I prefer my RF-3 towers to both the RB-75 (which I tried) and the RS-7's which I am using as "B" surrounds. I like my Denon because I can use both (RF-3/RS-7) for movies. The RF-3's ROCK for music.

When I switched my rear speakers from the RS-7's to the RB-75's it was more of a sideways move, although on some music sources it sounds better. If size is an issue and you can find a pair of RB-5's for surround duty I don't think you could go wrong. If you could find a pair of RF-3's and size isn't an issue, even better IMHO.2.gif

I have RB-25's for rear surrounds in a 7.1 configuration, in combination with RF7/RC7/RS7 for the rest. They work very well in the rear. I'm quite pleased with their performance. Personally, I like the WDST on the sides and direct radiating in the rears. This combination works very well for me.