vinyl can be so good but !!!!!!!!

setting here listening to a few albums tonight and loving the noise eminating from the belles. But just dropped creedence gold on a very nice copy no scratches and very low if any background noise. (first song proud mary) I cant beleive how poor of a job was done by the producer/engineer that put this album togeather. The whole song is masked by a type of white noise in the background. No mistaking this for background noise or static in the album as the next song down on the corner sounds 50 times better and the space between songs is dead quiet. guess it would be beneficial to have a somewhat crappy system just for these type albums. The tubes, belles, & basis bring out everything not just the good10.gif Joe

Bad recordings can sound very bad with Klipsch. But very good recordings sound fantastic!

What are some of the best sounding CDs or Records you have or have heard on a Klipsch system, not SACD or DVD audio?

If you like music from all over the world and don't care about having to understand the words but just enjoying the music and voices then try a music label called Putumayo.

http://www.putumayo.com/

They are some of the best recordings on CD I have heard and you get a small idea of what people around the world might listen to. Barnes and noble carries a good selection of Putumayo and you can listen to the CDs before you buy them.

Xman

Your right Joe. I sold my cd player a week ago and have a new one on the way but I'm in no hurry. Ive dug out vinyl I have not heard in a long time. It's just like any format I guess crap in = crap out. When its right man oh man its good, but like you've mentioned when its bad the Klipsch tell no lies. Right now I really could care less when my cd player gets here.3.gif I just hooked up an old early 80's Luxman pre and power combo tonight in place of the many different tube pre's and amp's I have and I have to say for SS this stuff is sounding pretty nice on the Cornwall's. Definatly good with rock so far. I just put on some jazz and the imaging and spondstage is pretty nice. I got the Luxman gear at a good price and it's impressing me so far. It's funny how certain pre> power> speaker >source combo's do well and some do not. It's a big FUN trial and error for us addicts!9.gif

What Luxman gear did ya get? I have a new Luxman int amp I switch from using just as a preamp with my Cayin tube amp and using it as just a int amp and both sound very good! When using the Luxman as a int amp musical instraments sound better than when using the Cayin tube amp. But vocals are better with the Cayin. I would love to try some VRDs with the Luxman.

Xman

I'm using EL 34s in the pic but I switched them out for some 6CA7s that I'm liking better. The bass is better with these tubes and to me the bass blends better with the mids and highs. I'm going to order some KT 88 to try in this combo and see how it sounds.

Xman

post-13699-1381926886251_thumb.jpg

----------------

On 7/27/2005 8:28:14 AM jbsl wrote:

Know of any CCR on SACD or DVD audio and CDs that sounds great? I know I said CD only but when you find a SACD that has been done really good it is hard to listen to the regular cd version.

Xman ----------------

These Analog Production (not Fantasy) SACDs are the same mixes/remasters as the LP's.

Again, $25 a pop though.