Buttkickers?

kingdave

This is a LFE (low frequency effect) driver set-up. These are also made by Aura and called Bass Shakers. What they do is reproduce low frequencies without a speaker. I believe it is a servo. You mount this thing under your floor, or your couch or chair, and it reproduces the low freq's so that you feel them without the SPL required to feel them when produced by a sub. It's just tricking your mind into thinking that your sub is very effective.

I personally like these and I would like to get that set-up in the future. This auction scares me a bit, because it seems so cheap. My local dealer wants $600 for that same set-up. The amp that comes with that set-up can power up to 4 "shakers" I believe. I'm going to keep an eye on that auction as well. It seems too good to be true.

Jeremy

Too late for the auction but...

----------------

On 7/27/2005 3:30:51 PM Speedball wrote:

They are just vibrators that attach to the underneath side of your furniture I believe.

Some guys think they are great when a sub is not an option due to noise restrictions.

----------------

Yes they do just vibrate the objects they are connected to (furniture, floor, whatever...) to the beat of the music.

They are not subwoofer substitutes but are more of a supplement and they help extend bass response below our audible range. They will succeed better than a conventional woofer as it isn't limited by the physical limitation of using air to reproducing very low bass frequencies at higher SPL's.

Later...

Rob