----------------

On 8/2/2005 1:38:01 PM D-MAN wrote:

----------------

On 8/2/2005 1:54:30 AM edwinr wrote:

----------------

On 8/1/2005 10:28:59 PM hwatkins wrote:

----------------

On 8/1/2005 8:38:40 AM DeanG wrote:

...it will just never be as pretty - even when dressed to the nines...

You may have to issue a retraction.

----------------

Nah Dean - at least not to my eye.

----------------

As Dean said, you may have to issue a retraction.... soon.

----------------

Putting lipstick on a pig.

DM

----------------

"Turn around and walk the razors edge..."

Yeah, I knew it was a bit much, and would PO the LS crowd -but the point is:

Making it "pretty" isn't going to make it sound any better.

I guess that leaves us with the question as to whether they sound "good enough" already.

Putting a face-lift ALONE on a LS is not my idea of an "improvement".

DM2.gif

I will not presume to know Paul W. Klipsch's mind, but some of the La Scala I have seen are simply beautiful. I saw one pair done in piano black lacquer that was stunning. I know that doesn't make them sound better, or does it? I have purchased a very nice looking medium oak pair that will add to the feel of my great room. La Scala never beautiful, BAH! HUMBUG! nightrider

----------------

On 8/2/2005 2:10:47 PM D-MAN wrote:

Yeah, I knew it was a bit much, and would PO the LS crowd -but the point is:

Making it "pretty" isn't going to make it sound any better.

I guess that leaves us with the question as to whether they sound "good enough" already.

Putting a face-lift ALONE on a LS is not my idea of an "improvement".

DM
2.gif

----------------

Your reply may have been offensive to some, but it was accurate. If we consider that (in two channel and in your home) the best part of a LS is the K400/K55 and the K77 combo; then how should we look at the Bell? It is a nice piece at furniture depth. 2.gif

Regards,

Terry

"PWK preferred it a center between Khorns." or maybe he prefered the La Scalas but had to put the Belle there after naming it after the wife! Plus the Belle is a gorgeous speaker and matches the KHorn better in apperance. I've never heard them so cannot compare to the La Scalas.

I have a pair of 2004 La Scalas and love them! But my small living room makes it hard to get the best sound out of them so KHorns would be even harder.

When I made 6 1/2 inch riser it raised the bass bin up so it was level with my chest and horns at ear level. This helped the bass blend better with the horns and the bass bin was firing at my chest instead of my legs. It did not give me bass down to 32hz but I don't listen to anyting with bass going that low. I have a RSW 12 sub and don't like it with my La Scalas. It does not blend with the music just sounds boomy even if I put it between 60-80hz but for movies sounds great.

KHorns, La Scalas, Belles, Cornwall, Fortes, Heresies, Reference, KLF 30,20,10s, and all the other speakers and subs that KLipsch has made or is making gives us a wide variety of horn loaded speakers to choose from and find the ones that match us the best. A Forum member sold their KHorns for 4 RF-7s, some prefer the Cornwalls, etc. I went to a forum members house and listened to his KHorns and they sounded great!! They just filled up the room with the sound. Came home listened to my La Scalas and the sound filled the room but not to the extent of the KHorns but my La Scalas did not sound overly bright or harsh. In fact my LS sounded more detailed than the KHorns to me but to other people they would sound bright or harsh everyones different. If everyone had all the money,perfect room, equipment, etc then KHorns would make up very big percentage of Klipsch speakers sold.

So Read all the posts, go hear whatever speaker you are interested in, buy them, don't like them sell and try again. That is half the fun and half the insanity!!

I also think anyone expressing their opinions in a way that is insulting, degrading, and not respecting other peoples opinions would please stop.

If you do not like equipment someone is using, music, speakers or opinions of someone else then simply state why you do not like it or disagree with them and stop there. I was not PO about any statements but I was slightly anoiyed by some.

Xman