New R7 owner - Settings / Sub

Mavicator

I shopped for subs for over a year before settling on the very one you are looking at. My reasons were: ultra clean output, VERY low extention (16hz), VERY high SPL capability (over115dbs and no sweat yet), and the most decent bang for your $. I needed something that was capbable of filling a somewhat large room too.

After twiddling the settings for what seemed like forever, I finally ended up with the center and the 4 surrounds set to "small" and the mains on "Large+LFE". The crossover is on 60hz. Granted, this is for MY ROOM, but I think this gave me the most natural sound especially for music. The sub was too locatable on a higher crossover setting. I would twiddle with a lower crossover if I weren't so lazy. With as little time I have for my A/V pursuits I would rather watch movies or listen to music.

My setup used to be "5.0" and for some of the nasty LFE effects in movies my reciever would clip. When I added a separate amp (which got me 7.0) I moved the mains and center channel and that problem went away -- I attribute this to "headroom." With the addition of the sub I don't think the receiver and amp are working a fraction of what they used to and I doubt your Denon would either. But another reciever is always something to shoot for those cases of upgradeitis.9.gif