Help installing ES networks...

Coytee

Yikes, I have about 30 minutes before I gotta put this away so I know I'm screwed lol

Anyways, I've attached a picture of the woofer thing in MY Khorns. Al... your instructions don't seem to illustrate what I have, also the colors are different.

The posts on the right are the "input from hf section" input.

I'm simply lost on which one to cut & which one to move around.

When this is all done, is my main input the LOWER of these two as I currently use, or as I'm suspecting, is my new input up on top in the network? (I've not looked that far yet)

Anyways, I appreciate any help on this section.

Wife doesn't know I spent the "pocket change" for these so I'm trying to install them while she's gone. To complicate matters, the living room is now a mess & I gotta put it all back together in the next 30 minutes, so I presume I'll check on this sometime Saturday.

Thanks

post-15072-13819269055966_thumb.jpg

Coytee

I'll shoot you a picture in an e-mail that will help maybe.

What you need to do is unhook the coil wire from the woofer fuse holder(LEAVE IT UNHOOKED) and then remove the (WOOFER'S)red wire from the hookup terminal (where the coil and capacitor and woofer's wire are connected) and reconnect it at the woofer's fuse holder where you had just removed the coil wire from.

mike

What you need is simply a pair of terminals (i.e., one black and one red) THROUGH the access panel - That's it! All the rest of this stuff is not used at all. You can leave it all inplace but unconnected.

I would add new terminals or even a simple 3/8" HOLE drilled through the panel and run the wires to the woofer directly from the crossove, seal the hole around the wire with silicone. That way you don't disable, you simply skip around by not connecting it anymore.

You will need to run wires from the inside of the terminals to the woofer, and from the xover to the same outside terminals keeping the polarity in mind.

Close it up and you're done.

DM2.gif

Thanks guys...

Followed your directions Mike, finished the first one, fired it up and saw no smoke 6.gif I guess that's a good thing 10.gif

Second one is done but for reconnecting the leads to the drivers.

We'll be doing some jamming here today while I'm outside.

Ya know (just a meandering thought), there ain't nothing like the sound of music while you're out in the yard, knowing the music is working its' way through six inch logs to get to you. When you sit back & hear how nice it sounds through the six inch logs... you just KNOW it's absolutely blistering inside.

12.gif

At the risk of displaying my ignorance, I'm probably not the most qualified to say anything more than "they sound good & I like them"

I say that because I don't notice a WHOLE lot of difference between my PP Jolida and 2A3 Wrights when played at a similar level (in the Wrights range). When I push them hard, yes of course, the Jolida keeps on going where the Wrights run out of steam. But for low level listening, they sound awfully similar to my ear. Point being, if something that others find SO disparate in sound, sounds highly similar to me... what's that say about my ears lol.

I think I've noticed that the bass seems to be a bit, well perhaps noticeably more present than with the old network.

All that said & done, I DID manage to screw it up. I cross threaded on one of the screws that hold the woofer wire onto the network. I've sent email to Al for any "insider tips" on how to get around that before I make it any worse.

The screw itself is clearly toast. I highly suspect the receiver that the screw goes into is probably buggered too as I tried a different screw and it didn't want to go in. I didn't try very hard though.

I'll certainly be all ears if anyone else has any suggestions.

15.gif15.gif15.gif