Gemstone Blue Diamond

dcmo

I'm looking into getting one of these, but I don't know anything about them. Does anyone here own one, or does anyone know what kind of quality amp these are. I had thought about getting a Sunfire, but had decided that a B&K would probably be powerful enough and at a lot less cost. However for some reason today Gemstone crossed my mind (had read about them before on this site a while back), so I ended up on their site. Anyway they make this amp sound as if it is a steal for 2800, and has the quality of an amp which costs a whole lot more. Are Gemstones really that good, can I justify spending another 400 or so on one over the B&K. I figure if there were a middle-man (dealers), it would probably have a MSRP of 5000 or so. Is it a 4000 dollar amp (after the standard 20% discount), are they really as good as they say they are. As you can tell I'm really leaning towards getting one, but don't want to end up buying smoke and mirrors. And what happens to my warranty if they go out of business, who would fix it if it needed repairing. Anyway I do thank you all for any help on this matter.

i had the priviledge of hearing this amplifier in the designers house here in minnesota...

outstanding amp!!!

i recommend it very highly.... i compared it on the same speakers (dali MS-5) with my own carver professional ZR1000 digital amp and it sounded very, very close to my amp - maybe even a little better!!!

if i had room on my checking account i would have left with one of the blue diamond amps that day...

1.gif

Well I got it, and for a great price also. It only set me back 2499 plus another 60 for shipping. Jerry knocked off 300 because it had the wrong manual for it, which seems like an awful lot to knock off just because the book is wrong but hey I'll take it. So what can I expect now; currently I have a Pioneer VSX53-TX (which I will continue to use as my pre-pro for the distant future, I'd like to say near future but the kitty is tapped now) running my system (Reference 7 package with the RSW-15, D-9's for the rear's) and have no idea of what the improvement's will be. I know I will have more volume, but what kind of overall sound quality am I looking at. Is the sound going to be stunning (a knock me off my feet kind of quality), or is it going to be more like that's nice but it took a lot of money to get here?

----------------

On 8/10/2005 3:19:28 PM dcmo wrote:

....Is the sound going to be stunning (a knock me off my feet kind of quality), or is it going to be more like that's nice but it took a lot of money to get here?

----------------

you will hear a much better bass response from ALL of your speakers as well as better clarity - esp in the center channel...

i have a pioneer elite 55txi that i use for my pre-pro (and to power my rear channels)... i use two separate pro amplifiers to power my mains and center channel.... (KLF-30's and KLF-C7)....

there was a very noticible improvement over the internal amps on the pioneer receiver when i switched to my carver pro amps...

1.gif

You have no idea what your in for that is an incredible amp! It was recommended to me when I was looking for a Sherbourn 7/2100A. Like Minn Male said it is going to bring your system to life.

Please report back when you get it put into place!

I'll be sure to do that, now my only question is whether to run my mains at full range or continue to set them to small. I believe I read here a while back that it was best to run the RF7's at small, not due to amplification but because of (and I'm sure that I'm not wording this right, I could be way off on the issue all together) clarity issues or driver issues between the low range and the mid-range. Anyway I'm really looking forward to getting this in (it needs to get here quick or I might be dead from lack of sleep), and I'll let you all know how it sounds as I know there aren't many here that have heard one. Keep in mind though I have nothing to base it against, as I haven't heard B&K, Rotel, Sunfire, Aragon, Sherbourn, or any other amps in this range. Now if I could only come up with some more money for my pre-pro.