Advice on adding a 2nd sub

wuzzzer

My current setup consists of a 15" Definitive Technology powered sub connected via high level inputs and RF-25s for the mains. I'm thinking of adding a second smaller sub to even out the bass response in the room and a slightly smaller sub that's tighter and less boomy.

I've seen several subs on eBay, both from the Synergy and Reference Series. I don't necessarily need to get a Klipsch sub, though. Would adding a 10" powered sub make a noticeable difference in sound?

Thanks!

If you find your subwoofer boomy or lacking definition try changing the placement and settings.If this fails to come close to your goal shop for another sub.

Adding a "better" sub to a "flawed" one is not going to make you a happy camper.

I would recomend the Klipsch RSW12 or 15,both clean,tight and not boomy at all(unless cut off way too high...any sub that climbs over 80hz will be irritating when cut off too high).

Velodyne HGS15,as clean and controlled as it gets.Dives deep and is capable of good output.More than your Definitive down low(below 30hz where it counts).

Any SVS sub,these dive very deep and are not tuned to BOOM but to reproduce the depths well.Another great choice.

Looking for small,Sunfire's Signature EQ is the king of deep and tiny.13*13*13" tiny that is,with true subsonic output and the auto EQ.No boom,no irritation,just deep bass when called upon.

----------------

My current setup consists of a 15" Definitive Technology powered sub connected via high level inputs and RF-25s for the mains. I'm thinking of adding a second smaller sub to even out the bass response in the room and a slightly smaller sub that's tighter and less boomy.

I've seen several subs on eBay, both from the Synergy and Reference Series. I don't necessarily need to get a Klipsch sub, though. Would adding a 10" powered sub make a noticeable difference in sound?

Thanks!

----------------

How big is your room? "Would adding a 10" powered sub make a noticeable difference in sound?" If im correct you have the PF15TL+ definitive subwoofer right? The sound difference in my opinion is the loudness, SQ, air pressure. Since you have the "RF-25" an RW-10 would match the woofer cones just like your speakers.9.gif Try and test the sub-10, rw-10, rsw-10 for the SQ.