klf10 center

rich0372

Rich,

Here is a pic of my "hornEd-ized" KLF-30. Please excuse the picture orientation. It is currently in storage while I finish my theater room.

horizontal center1.jpg

It is a perfect voice match my left and right mains. IMO, this is the ideal setup. Identical speakers across the front. Next best would be a KLF-20 then KLF-10's, and finally C7's. Cabinet size does matter to your sound stage. I am speaking here of sonic considerations only. I'm not taking into account your mounting options and room size. Make sure you also consider that if you are using a standard CRT TV you will have to video shield a KLF-30, 20 or 10 with bucking magnets.

Hope this helps.

post-10757-13819269214354_thumb.jpg

So which speakers are which? I would think the KLF-30s would be your front mains and the KLF-20s would be your rears. I don't see much advantage is going from a KLF-C7 to a KLF-10 since the 10 doesn't use the same horns as your 30s. If you cannot find a 30 (or 20 since they share the same horns) to modify, then I'd just stick with the C7.

BTW, you're using just one C7 for your front center, right?

I honestly don't think using a KLF-10 would get you much -- if anything. The most important part of having matching speakers comes down to the horns. Note your 20s and 30s use a midrange horn as well as a tweeter horn. Looking at the 10s you'll see they only use one horn -- just like the C7s. So if you really want an upgrade you at least need to use a 20, or for the best match use a 30.