help on hd cable

dtel

• Moderators

In about a week dish network is instaling a dish here and i have no idea what cables i will need. TV is hd ready and has hdmi input and component .

What is the best way to hook it up,tv and cabinet both roll out away from the wall so i will need cables 10" because they are pulled out one at a time tv first then cabinet.

I will be recieving hd and voom so what is the best type of cable.

• Moderators

Yes it should be the 811 because it is not a dvr and i think that the 811 is the only other, i had checked out hdmi cables and they are about $100 for 10'.

Tv has hdmi but i don't think dvi,guess i will just wait and see what they do and go from there. thanks

You will also need to run an Optical Digital cable out from the 811 to get Dolby Digital 5.1.

If you do want to use the HDMI input on your TV, you could run a DVI to HDMI cable, but I have heard of people having ghosting issues with that setup.

You will need both video and audio cables from your sat receiver to your TV and

another audio to your AVR receiver. The audio to your AVR receiver needs to be

either digital coax or optical. The audio to your TV needs to be standards RCA

audio cale (red and white). For your video it all depends on the SAT receiver but

by the sound of it it looks like component cable is what you will need and unless

you are using your AVR receiver as video switching I would run it directly to your TV.

• Like 1

If you set it up like mine with the TV speakers turned off all you need is an Optical Digital cable from the digital out of the 811, into your audio receiver or pre-pro. You won't need an audio cable to the TV. You will need to go into the 811 setup menu and select Dolby Digital/PCM.

I also would run the component video cable straight to the TV if possible.