Blown up Heresys?

jpm

My brother gave me a beautiful set (professionally painted white with a high-gloss lacquer finish) Heresys, vintage 1998 or so. Long story short they're not playing correctly. He managed to blow something by consistently clipping a 35 watt Denon receiver. Neither will play music and both more or less hiss. I'd like to get them fixed, but before I haul them to Bry's do you guys have any thoughts on what could be blown? Crossover? Tweeter? Help

Is the hissing coming from all the drivers including the woofers? If so, sounds like crossovers. If it's just coming from the horns it's likely the diaphragms which are easily found and easy to replace. You might want to hit up someone like Bob Crites, BEC, or DeanG who know a heck of a lot more than I do.

JPM.

Everything in them is fixable except if the woofers are bad, probably more economical to replace the woofers. You can contact me by email for some troubleshooting if you want.

Bob Crites

bobcrites@centurytel.net

Anybody want to buy them as is? Bry's said they'll find the problem for free and I can go from there. I don't want these speakers, even if fixed. I'm getting the LaScallas. Make me a decent offer if interested. I live in the Seattle area.