Rear and side speaker recommendations

PiperG

Hey Guys, I'm new to the Klipsch world, and I'm putting together a Ref 35 system. So far I have the RC35 and RF35's and was wondering what I should do for my rears and sides. Im running a 7.1 setup. A denon 3805 will power this set. I was thinking of RB35's in the rear and RS35's for my sides. What do you think of this choice? Is there a better combo? Any help would be awesome!

Well... if space and budget permit another pair of RF-35 for the surrounds is the perfect choice. Especially when listening to multi-channel music matching floorstanding speakers for the surrounds are great.

If space and/or budget (or your wife) don´t permit, if believe most people here would recommend the RB-35s for the surrounds and rear surrounds. What you could do is use 2 RB-35s as surrounds and one RS-35 as rear surround (which will be easier on your budget too).

Nick

One speaker as the rear won't work since I have no wall behind the couch--it's open to the kitchen. RS35's wouldn't be good for the sides? I need two behind me(mounted on plant shelves behind the couch), and two speakers on the left and right. My budget won't allow another 1,000 bucks for two more RF35's. I was lucky to get the two I got(my wife rocks!)

----------------

On 8/21/2005 6:07:47 PM PiperG wrote:

One speaker as the rear won't work since I have no wall behind the couch--it's open to the kitchen. RS35's wouldn't be good for the sides? I need two behind me(mounted on plant shelves behind the couch), and two speakers on the left and right. My budget won't allow another 1,000 bucks for two more RF35's. I was lucky to get the two I got(my wife rocks!)

----------------

Ok. Then simply use 2 RS-35s in the back. It is hard to say the RS-35s or the RB-35s sound better on the sides. This is really a matter of your personal taste. The RB-35s deliver a very direct sound, whereas the RS-35s are built to spread the sound more widely. Some people prefer the direct sound especially for music.

In the rear I would go with the RS-35s for sure though. This is again my personal feeling.

If you have a chance, get a pair of RBs and a pair or RSs and listen to them as your surrounds to find out which you like better. Then either bring back the RBs and get a second pair of RSs or simply mount what you got! 2.gif

Nick

Hi Piper,

I would do just what you said in your original post. I have the exact same system except I am just 5.1, if I had the space I would go with 7.1 like you.

I like my RS on side surround duty, many here do not like the dipoles though. I am more movie oriented so the RS are perfect for me.

What sub do you have?