MUSIC!!!!!!!

maxg

Back from holiday - got in last night - left SWMBO, Junior and Dogs there - will collect them over the weekend.

Been almost 3 weeks away from the system - resting my ears I guess (the background noise level on the island is so low you would not believe it - no cars or motor vehicles of any kind) - probably a major reason it is such a relaxing place.

Anyway got in - powered everything up - unpacked and then started listening.

Damn I missed this thing - course I had forgotten to put a cover over the TT so there was considerable dust to clean off - but otherwise everything worked fine.

As I was sans-familly I started to explore the volume levels I never normally see - then friends arrived and we blew the roof off. I adore classical but there are times when only rock will do (high volume times).

Thank God I didnt off-load them all - and by God does this Denon 103 put out some bass. Nice to see the table is totally unaffected by volumes from the speakers - even with DSOTM's opening sequence and those power lows there was not a jot of interferance on the cart.

Anyway after a varied mix - ranging from Pink Floyd to Annie Lennox to Janice Joplin I found a collection of "The very Best of Cat Stevens" to finish off with. One of my guests is a singer and covers a lot of his stuff.

His reaction to the finale? "Yup - that sounds like me!"

In a pigs eye!!

Good to be back - now what did I miss?

I agree Max, sometimes a rest is good. It reminds us of how good we have it. I spent 10 days in northern Wisconsin in a log cabin. Lake, trees, ducks. Just total peace and quiet. Didn't even take a radio or walkman with me. Just listened to nature for a while. I would suppose that some healing takes place, if not in the ear itself, certainly in the soul of the listener.

When I got back home, everything sounded more detailed, more alive than before. I would imagine that it was just the break that made me realize how good my Klipsch system sounds. But it was breathtaking. Kind of like when I moved and didn't set up the big system for a while.

Good to hear your travels went well. I have 50 speakers now, HornEd is back with us. BSbutton about killed a guy. DrWho is right all the time and back in school. We're trading vinyl with GaryMD. Sadly Marvel's wife is in the hospital. But it's been mostly a good month.

Note- Forum will be down next weekend for the migration to the new setup. You might save any MSG's you have, don't think they'll make the transition. See Michael Hurd for an email account with server space if you need it.

Cheers!

Michael

"we need to keep the loonies in the fold."

Yeah, especially the Brits from Greece!9.gif

Welcome back Max.

When I went on vacation to the World 3D Archery Tournament, I couldn't stand the idea of a week away from my tunes. So, I packed a Dynaco SCA-35, my pair of Klipsch Kg 1.1s and Panasonic SACD player to relax with. That combo would make a good dorm room system, that's about how big a room we had.

Max, You are running a 103 on your ClearAudio? Which one?

Rick

"Yeah, especially the Brits from Greece!"

Exactly - but I never left the fold - merely dozed in it a whiles.

"Did you end up supplying the villas with those little compact systems?"

I have ordered 15 of them and 3 have been delivered - make that 4. These are really difficult to get hold of items over here - demand is apparently high.

and thanks Smutty.