Merlin Update

Well I have been using this unit religiously and will continue to do so intill the dreaded date I have to send it back. The bass is amazing.....and the highs sparkle. You just cannot go wrong with this unit for the price. Now to all you people who say you are tired hearing about NOS VALVES AND JUICY MUSIC. Well there is a reason you hear about them, they offer an outstanding product for Great deals. And Mark opened up a whole new sector with the Melin. If you are in the market, it desives a try. You will hate yourself if you dont.

ROCK ON

CTP

I'm ordering a Merlin on Mon or Tuesday. I bought a Ground Grid tube preamp last month and have tried it with mixed results so far. It sounded best with my Monarchy Audio SM 70 pro monoblocks but I'm putting them up for sell on Audiogon so I won't be keeping them. My Luxman int amp which I use sometimes as a preamp to run my Cayin TA 30 or just use it as a int amp is going to be very hard to beat. I'm one of those audio sinners who likes having tone controls so for me the Merlin will have to be really good so I won't want to use tone controls. I also listen to music very early in the morning, 3:00 -7:00 AM, so being able to turn the bass down is a plus. If I like the Merlin then next year I'll try and get some of Craig's VRDs.

If your tired of reading about these products that everyone is enjoying just don't read any of the post!

Xman

I would Love to have one, but since the vast majority of my music is on LP I need a Phono stage. On a side note, it blows my mind how much some "audiophiles" get hung up on cost. I have been looking at Tube Integrateds and while talking to a coworker of my wife's I brought up the Merlin in response to his plan to move from an integrated to tube pre/Mono blocs. The first words out of his mouth were "Price sounds good, but how good can it sound for only six bills?" I tried to convince him that he owed it to himself to atleast give it a try, but he is convinced that "tube gear under a grand is just settling for what you can afford."

. The first words out of his mouth were "Price sounds good, but how good can it sound for only six bills?" I tried to convince him that he owed it to himself to atleast give it a try, but he is convinced that "tube gear under a grand is just settling for what you can afford."

No worries! I'm ordering 50 Merlin's I'm going to mod them and release them as the "Merlin Xtreme" the price will be $1199 ;)

Craig