RB75 stands

zamboniman

I recently got a pair of Sanus Natural Foundations 24" stands for my

RB-75s. With the RB-75 at 20 inches... the stand put the horn

right near or slightly above my ear level when seated. I got the

maple because it matches my Sanus Maple stereo rack and tv stand.

I purchased right from Sanus.com on the web site. They were only

about $10 more then other places I found on the web... but I could

trust them... and they got here quickly. I paid about $109 for

the pair of Maple 24".

They came with spikes and/or feet for the bottoms, and brass spikes or

rubber pads for the top into the speaker. There is a nice cable

mgt. spline down the back that hides the wire nicely and even a hole in

the bottom of the stand.

I think the sanus stuff is very well made... and it cheaper then the

Bello stuff which has some similar models. All solid hardwoods

(if you are looking at the naturals and nice construction.

Any suggestions for good stands adequate for Rb75's? Reasonably priced is better.

Thanks

You don't want them to high. What kind of look do you want? Wood, metal which can be pretty good stuff if you get the right ones. Silver look? Black? Wood? I probally wouldn't go over 20 inches tall those are pretty big bookshelfs you got there. What's reasonably priced i've already did a little search an seen some pretty cool ones for around 100.

I'd prefer something in black....... Actually you won't be able to see them in normal use. They will be behind an acoustically transparent screen-wall (large speaker grill sort of). I need black so they aren't visable through the fabric.

Since they aren't to be seen normally I could just rig something up. However, looking to use a nice premade one that gets the job done well for the least cost. I've figured that once I get below the $100 dollar range it's not worth my time to build/rig something when a premade would look better and be much easier/faster.

wheelman,

Yes I definitely checked them out...... a great deal however they would be too low. That would place them far below ear level. In my seating my head/hear level is around 40" so I'm thinking I need something in the 24" range.

As a test I tried them out on some 5 gallon buckets that are roughly 15" tall... They were just too low. great deal though, I appreciate the effort!

Wow you must have a high couch. To bad I wasn't more of help. Heresy II in my room with wood stands are 33.5 inches tall. My sofa's seating height is close to 18 inches. I do slouch when I'm sittin down. But there about perfect. I wouldnt' want them any higher even sitting up more. But that's me I just don't like the tweeter above me. Maybe that person or dealer has something in your size cheap. Anyways good luck if I see something I'll let you know. But I would look for something around 20/19 though. My opinion of course

I made my own stands for my RB-35s . . .

I wanted my horn loaded tweeters to be just a bit above my ear level when seated ... more to improve listening while standing since I often do, besides, with the 60 x 90 degree horn, I have not noticed any differance that being just a few degrees off exact ear level makes.

Anyway, my stands are 23.5" high with the carpet spikes.

They also weigh about 60 lbs each. I wanted them to be as bottom heavy and sturdy as possible so I 'over-built them and incorporated what I thought a cool box design for the base, inside each I securely mounted two old cast iron 20 lb barbell plates. They were finished in matte black to match my speakers

maybe one day I'll figure out how to post a PIC and get one up

btw, my next 'wood-working' project will be a 48" x 16" x 26" tall TV stand to hold my soon to be delivered Sony 42" LCD rear pro & my existing reciever, dvd player and trust ole vcr with drawers in the bottom for cd / dvd storage