What receiver for Reference speakers???

billsramsfan

I have an rc7, rf35s, rs35s and rw10. I am looking for receiver with hdmi in/out. I have been reading about the jvc rx-d702. It has the hdmi features i'm looking for and the price is right. My question is will this have enough power to run my speakers? Is jvc a good match with klipsch? Any help/input would be greatly appreciated.

The Pioneer 56TXi is being replaced by the 74TXVi which has HDMI. The 56TXi did not have HDMI capability.

I would wait till next year to buy a receiver. The newer receivers will be able to process the two new high definition DVDs newer audio formats which will be tranferred via the HDMI cable.

Bill

Thanks for all the advice guys. I do not think I can wait until next year to get my receiver. My home theater room will be finished in about a month and I need something to drive my speakers. I've been researching all the receivers that I can find with hdmi in/out and it looks like the jvc rx-d702 is significantly cheaper than the denon, yamaha, sony, panasonic, etc. I'm curious why the jvc is priced so much lower than all the other competitors?

The JVC might be cheaper because it's not as popular or proven as Denon, Yamaha, Etc...

I'd like to hear one...

Hopefully you'll have a location to try out the different brands... If you decide that you don't have to have HDMI on your receiver, there are some good deals out there on Harman Kardon's lineup and from the little experience that I've had with their product... So far the HK sounds great with my Klipsch Reference Setup...

Hope you find one that you truly enjoy!

-TIM