Crash is a great rental

Colin

Wow, it's out on rental already? Seems like just yesterday I saw the movie in theaters...

It was a very decent movie. At first, I cringed at all the stereotypical racist remarks, but soon understood that no race or color was spared, and that the very point of the film was to tackle such taboo issues head-on, in direct light, so that we would be forced to deal with a very real issue in life. So I commend them for that.

My favorite moment in the flim was when the Hispanic father discovered that his daughter...well...I won't spoil it. I'll just say it had to do with red cartridges.

I rented this movie this past weekend and my wife and I just sat there at the end of the movie, looked at each other and said, "Wow.....that was an awesome movie!"

I know that each has there own preferences, but this movie was one of those that will stick in my mind for a very long time. It was interesting the number of well known actors in it that had rather small parts. Like nicholtl, my wife and I felt the movie was heading down the "racism message" road, but after about 20 minutes it was evident that was not necessarily the intent. Actually, I think the movie attempts to convey the concept I've been drilling into my 6 year old daughter's head. And that is, life is really all about choices. There's good choices and there's bad choices. Good choices lead to good things, bad choices lead to bad things. Anyhow.........

I would recommend this movie in an instant.

Tom

• 2 weeks later...

I'm going to have to rent this...thanks for the heads up!

On another note, as you were talking about the racism in the film... have you seen American History X? Sheesh... talk about racism... I couldn't believe that movie! And the "curb" scene... that just made me cringe right there!

This is a really good movie, I just rented it and watched it on my

small Klipsch stereo setup... The audio tracks on it are fitting and

add too the mood of the movie and are well placed.

As far as the covering of the racism bit goes, they did a REALLY good

job... Goes too show how different cultures act towards anothers skin

color and accent, They just assume that there doin somethin wrong when

there really a good guy and should you have met them on different

cirumstances a good friendship coulda been created.