Refurbishment

Sybaris

I have a pair of oak Forte's I bought from the Navy Exchange in Japan in 1987. They've been back and forth across the Pacific a couple times and are a little dinged up. I also think one of my mids are out. I live about 30 minutes from the Klipsch factory in Indianapolis.

Is there a program or method to return speakers for refurbishment?

thanks

Syb

Sorry, no refurb program. The midrange diaphram can be obtained by calling 1-800-Klipsch and asking for the Parts Department or you can contact BEC (Bob Crites) on the forum and he can get you a diaphram.

It is not tough to change out but you will have to remove the midrange horn and driver from the cabinet, remove 3-4 nuts to remove the driver from the flange to swap the diaphram.

The cabinets can be redone by yourself if you have some woodworking skills if not get out the yellow pages and see if there are any woodworkers in town that can lightly sand and touch them up for you.

The Klipsch Forte' is perhaps one of the most balanced and smooth sounding speakers Klipsch ever produced. I bought a pair brand new myself in 1988 while stationed at Ramstein AB, GE owned them until 1999 when I laid my hands on a pair of 1980 Oak Lacquer Belle Klipsch.

Replacing the aging capacitors in the crossover networks will bring the speakers to a new level of performance as well. If you do not want to undertake it yourself contact DeanG (Dean) or Popbumper (Chris) and they offer replacements and network updating for those speakers.

Good luck and welcome to the forum!