Hey guys, new here and need alot of help...

hdtv-nut

First let me say, great forum you guys have here.

I am kinda new to all this so please be patient with me.

I just purchased a Samsung 61'' DLP 1080p TV http://product.samsung.com/cgi-bin/nabc/product/b2c_product_detail.jsp?eUser=&prod_id=HLR6178WX%2fXAA and I wanted to add a great surround sound system to it. From what I understand klipsch makes some of the best surround sound speakers money can buy. I was looking at these speakers but it seems to advertise them just for flat panel tv's. Are these good for a DLP TV on a stand or are they just for flat screens? http://www.klipsch.com/product/product.aspx?cid=936&s=finishes Are there better klipsch surround speakers that I can look at? If so could you post the link?

Also, is there anywhere good online that I can buy these speakers because there dosent seem to be anywhere local.

Thanks for the help everyone. :)

P.S. If anyone has any suggestions on recievers im all ears. I was looking at a few Harmon Kardon recievers. Do they make a good product?

Nice TV.

I would try to find a store where you can demo the speakers before

purchasing... then find the model you want and get to finding the best

price on that model. That is what I did, and I am very happy with

the deal I got. It will also depend on how much you want to

spend, and if you are crunched for space. If not, you could look

at the reference series. Most people wind up piecing together

their systems as money allows.

As for the reciever, HK does make a good one, you can search and find

recommendations on that but HK and Denon seem to be what a lot of

people like across the forums.

I'm sure you will get some more detailed answers, but I hope this helps.

First off the Samsung is a killer HDTV.. There is a Samsung 950 HDTV dvd player... very reasonable I highly suggest it because it will up convert all your dvd's to 1080 too.

Ovation audio # in Indy....They are huge Klipsch dealers....

Ovation-Castleton
(map)

6609 East 82nd Street
Indianapolis, IN 46250

317-849-7729

Victor Suarez

I assume it is ok post about Ovation, They are a authorized Klipsch dealer... Victor is the manager but you might ask for Greg Mays.. I have known him for years, and bought a lot of equipment through him.. BTW, he is also a klipsch owner.... Tell him Roger sent you.. he will make you a deal, too, I am sure.

Now on to your audio needs.. Your room will determine some issues.. Do you want speakers on the wall or mounted on stands beside the HDTV or do you want floor standers ? ... I also assume your looking to get surrounds as well..

So first off what is your room look like dimension wise? And do you have a budget too? A lot will chime in I am sure..

Congrats on the HDTV, I love my Samsung HDTV too as well. And seriously, I think Samsung designed the 950 DVD player to work extra good with this HDTV.. I saw it at the CEDIA audio video show ..OMG looked like a great combo! Harman or Denon also a good choice.

http://www.ovation-av.com/default.aspx

First off the Smasung is a killer HDTV.. There is a Samsung 950 HDTV dvd player... very resonable I highly suggest it because it will up convert all your dvd's to 1080 too.

Ovation-Castleton

(map)

6609 East 82nd Street

Indianapolis, IN 46250

317-849-7729

Victor Suarez

I assume it is ok post about Ovation, They are a authorised Klipsch dealer... Victor is the manager but you might ask for Greg Mays.. I have known him for years, bough equipment through him.. he is also a klipsch owner.... Tell him Roger sent you.. he will make you a deal too I am sure.

Now on to your audio needs.. Your room will determine some issues.. Do you want speakers on the wall or mounted on stands beside the HDTV or do you want floor standers ? ... I also assume your looking to get surrounds as well..

So first off what is your room look like dimension wise? And do you have a budget too? A lot will chime in I am sure..

Congrats on the HDTV, I love my Samsung HDTV too as well. And seriously, I think Samsung designed the 950 DVD player to work extra good with this HDTV.. I saw it at the CEDIA audio video show ..OMG looked like a great combo!

Hey indy, thanks for the help!

I am looking for a complete system, front speakers, surround, sub, and reciever. I was thinking a 6.1 system would be good. I would like to have floor standers also. As for the dimension of the room, im not 100% sure. Its a new house that we are moving into next month. Its a good sized room but not huge. Right now I would say my budget for all the speakers is around $1200-$1500 and $700-$1000 for the reciever. Is this a reasonable price for a nice system or no? Thanks for the help.

Also, is there anywhere good online that I can buy these speakers because there dosent seem to be anywhere local.

If you buy online, it will not be from an authorized dealer. Therefore you will not have the factory warranty.

I personally would not make the kind of investment you are talking about without auditioning the speakers for yourself. You may not like what someone else told you was good. Good luck with your quest. Lots of good info here.

Jeremy

Ok guys, I think I have narrowed down what I want.

Im looking at 2 Denon Recievers. The first reciever is $649.00 http://www.usa.denon.com/ProductDetails/511.asp

The second reciever is $899.00

http://www.usa.denon.com/ProductDetails/473.asp

The speaker system im looking at is the Klipsch RVX-54 Home Theater Speaker system.

http://forum.ecoustics.com/bbs/mess...077/139878.html

My question now is, which reciever for this type of speaker system? I dont want to spend the extra money for the more expensive reciever if the cheaper one will do the job. On the other hand, if the more expensive one will give me better sound I will gladly pay it. Thanks for the help

P.S. I was able to drive down to a local Klipsch retailer and listen and get some info on the different systems.

I'm running the Denon 3805 with the "Reference" lineup. The RF35's and everything to match. I am very, very impressed so far. I moved to a new house, and my living room was way too big for my skimpy bose. No matter what you choose, you're choosing an awesome product. Just make sure you have enough power if the room is pretty big.

Well for your budget you could totally get a pair of cornwall, chorus,

or forte speakers for $500/pair (choose your poison). Then for

$300/pair you could get 2 sets of heresies (so that's a total of $1100)

in speakers. This is the used market of course, but this setup will

totally demolish the RVX lineup...In fact, this setup would rival some

of the best HT's out there. If you didn't want to go with Heresies all

around, then you could look into the Academy or KLF-C7 for centers and

surrounds...and the list continues. For a subwoofer you could go with

the Dayton Titanic MK III kit from partsexpress for $500 and that puts

you right at $1600...though you can probably hold off this purchase for

a while and save up for a really potent sub (though the MKIII specs

extremely well).

As far as recievers go, I would choose based on the features you think

you might use (or won't use). Most of the differences between different

models are the bells and whistles and not so much performance...I'm

also a Denon fan, but I would also look into the Harmon Kardon

recievers as well. HK has better performing lowend gear, whereas Denon

shines more in their flagship models. And again you would benefit

greatly by looking into the used or even discontinued market.

Well for your budget you could totally get a pair of cornwall, chorus, or forte speakers for $500/pair (choose your poison). Then for $300/pair you could get 2 sets of heresies (so that's a total of $1100) in speakers. This is the used market of course, but this setup will totally demolish the RVX lineup...In fact, this setup would rival some of the best HT's out there. If you didn't want to go with Heresies all around, then you could look into the Academy or KLF-C7 for centers and surrounds...and the list continues. For a subwoofer you could go with the Dayton Titanic MK III kit from partsexpress for $500 and that puts you right at $1600...though you can probably hold off this purchase for a while and save up for a really potent sub (though the MKIII specs extremely well).

As far as recievers go, I would choose based on the features you think you might use (or won't use). Most of the differences between different models are the bells and whistles and not so much performance...I'm also a Denon fan, but I would also look into the Harmon Kardon recievers as well. HK has better performing lowend gear, whereas Denon shines more in their flagship models. And again you would benefit greatly by looking into the used or even discontinued market.

I know you know what your talking about much more then I do but im the kinda person that has to have new things. It would bother me to no end to have used stuff. I just like to have everything new out of the box ya know?

I know you know what your talking about much more then I do but im the kinda person that has to have new things. It would bother me to no end to have used stuff. I just like to have everything new out of the box ya know?

That thinking won't win you many fans around here hd-nut [;)]

I've got the Denon 2805 wired to RS-25s, RC-35, RF-15s, and a RW-12 (same sub as you're looking at). All new, well some floor demos from the Ultimate Electronics liquidation.

I love just love system. 80% movies and it rocks. I have heard some of the "used" equipment Dr. Who mentions and wish I had the space and patience to build a heritage system.

I think you will be happy teaming Klipsch speakers with a Denon receiver, I am!

I know you know

what your talking about much more then I do but im the kinda person

that has to have new things. It would bother me to no end to have used

stuff. I just like to have everything new out of the box ya

know?

That thinking won't win you many fans around here hd-nut [;)]

Makes me want to suggest a Bose Acoustimas system- cuz when it comes down to it,

refusing to go used implies seeking an image, and we all know Bose is

all about image. [;)]

nothing wrong with good, un-abused, used equipment. but i know where he's coming from. new house,new neighbors, new friends. gotta have new toys. been there, done that. it'll wear off some, eventually. there is some mental satisfaction to having something new even if you could have gotten something better at half the cost.

First off the Smasung is a killer HDTV.. There is a Samsung 950 HDTV dvd player... very resonable I highly suggest it because it will up convert all your dvd's to 1080 too.

Ovation-Castleton

(map)

6609 East 82nd Street

Indianapolis, IN 46250

317-849-7729

Victor Suarez

I assume it is ok post about Ovation, They are a authorised Klipsch dealer... Victor is the manager but you might ask for Greg Mays.. I have known him for years, bough equipment through him.. he is also a klipsch owner.... Tell him Roger sent you.. he will make you a deal too I am sure.

Congrats on the HDTV, I love my Samsung HDTV too as well. And seriously, I think Samsung designed the 950 DVD player to work extra good with this HDTV.. I saw it at the CEDIA audio video show ..OMG looked like a great combo!

Hey indy, thanks for the help!

I am looking for a complete system, front speakers, surround, sub, and reciever. I was thinking a 6.1 system would be good. I would like to have floor standers also. As for the dimension of the room, im not 100% sure. Its a new house that we are moving into next month. Its a good sized room but not huge. Right now I would say my budget for all the speakers is around $1200-$1500 and $700-$1000 for the reciever. Is this a reasonable price for a nice system or no? Thanks for the help.

It looks like you have budgeted 40% for your receiver and I think that may be a little on the high side. What about the Onkyo TXNR801 from Onecall.com for about $600? It's listed at a few places for that price if you look at pricegrabber.com. It has ethernet connection on the back so you can stream PC-music into your receiver. It's THX and 7.1. It has multi-room support and 2-year warranty. 100 watts per channel may seem to be low but that's at 0.08% THD and Klipsch speakers are very efficient so it should be enough power.

As for speakers, if you spend $600 on the receiver then you could look at the Cinema 10 setup or the RVX54 and still be reasonable on the budget.