Amityville Horror

travisc

Oh yeah in the dark about 4 in the morning with the lights out. This will creep you out. Especially the real life footage in the beginning. Then later in the movie with the surrounds telling you to kill. I think knowing something really was messed up that house makes it all the more creepier. Darkness is another creepy movie. I love horror flicks and don't get creeped out to much. Gore doesn't do it for me. All the blood in the world doesn't make for a good horror flick. This is a pretty good phychological thriller as well. Ryan Reynolds stars in it, and it's' just a matter of time before he's bigtime.

• Moderators

oh yeah, no incest in this one. I couldnt tell if it was meant to be the next family that moved into the house or just another spin on the story. The priest acted as though he had never been in the house before.

Incest? There wasn't incest in the original either. The Priest had never been in the house before in either.

The new one was a remake of the old one, staring James Brolin and Margot Kidder, which I've seen a few times when I was a kid [:)]. That one was good for it's day, mainly because back then everyone really believed the story was based on truth. Plus there was a popular book it was based on (which was very good).

From what I understand, the "truth" is, a man did murder his entire family in that house. Then the Lutz's moved in about a year later or so....George got into a lot of debt and tried to scam the insurance companies by making up the ghost stories.

That's what I've heard, anyway. Still makes a good story, but I think they should be careful when they claim it's based on true events.

• Moderators

Nope, nothing like that at all in the first one. You must be thinking of something else!

The kids were very young in the first one... I don't really remember the boys having much of a story line, but the girl had more screen time with her buddy, Jodi the pig.