$1000 burning a hole in my pocket

CAS

May have a little cash earmarked for some upgrades in the near future. I'm facinated by the RF-7 and Klischorn series. But I'm also aware of the fact that my receiver is a mere 5X70 or so wpc. I'm fairly humble in the processor dept, however I don't want to leave the speaks hungry.

As a general opinion, would I be better served upgrading my receiver to a more powerful one (or to separate components) before upgrading my mains?

I guess I'm unltimately asking what to do with the money since I feel the need to upgrade and my movie watching has been more frequent. Profile is below.

Before anyone asks, "what are your listening habits, space restrictions, etc etc etc........given $1000-$2000 and anything goes: what would you do?

Fairly well versed in the Klipsch realm and would like to keep it Klipsch.

It seems to me like u listen to movies more than cd's. I would probably recommend a receiver. Separates for home theater can get pretty pricey. I prefer separates for just cd's like amp and preamp or integrated amp. I don't have separates yet but if u do a lot of reading, separates usually outperform receivers in audio. I wouldn't upgrade <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" />ur mains unless ur planning to do 2 channel. Get back to me though if ur not planning to do 2 channel, because if ur just into home theater, then a receiver like the rotel rsx-1056 would be awesome. If ur planning to do 2 channel then u'll want to do amp and preamp or integrated amp before upgrading ur mains. I have the sf-1's and i'm going to go to separates or integrated before i replace speakers. Right now i can't put audiophile speakers in my room because of lack of space, and placement is fussy with strictly 2 channel setups with the speakers that is. If u want to do two separate systems, keep what u have now for home theater, and I second Bobby Ts option. Keep me informed.