Rf7

Big Ben

I have had a set of RF3's for the past year and still am amazed at how beautiful they sound. I must say that if you like the RF3's you will love the RF7's.

Yes, I know they are considerably more expensive but they eclipse the RF3's in so many way's. I have been listening to "Love Over Gold" and am almost in tears at the way these speakers perform.

"Bloody Stunning"

The soundstage is immense, the bass is very deep and controlled, the imaging is pinpoint.

What can I say, if you are even thinking about these speakers, don't they are fantastic.

I never even listened to the R7's before buying them, knowing full well they would be better than the RF3's in every way.

Ben

Ben good to read positive observations,I know the RF-7's will sing in the right setup.

I have to wait to get my hands on a pair. Frown.gif

This week is the week,or the dealer will see me every day until they get the RF-7's.

What amplifier(reciever) do you use with your RF-7's?

Thank you,

TheEAR(s) Now theears

TheEAR,

I am using a Marantz SR-19EX along with to MA500 monoblocks to create 6:1 for my new home theatre room that I am building.

I am using RF7's for the Fronts, RC7 for Centre, RS3's for side channels and putting my RF3's for the back channels.

I will be taking delivery of the new Sony KDP65XBR2 this week, can't wait.

I am also looking into getting a RSW15 to supplement my KSW12.

Ben

Big Ben:

Nice setup...please keep us informed on your setup. I'm seriously thinking of upgrading to a pair of RF-7s but i'm not sure i can trade-in my Rx-3s. So let us know how the 3's work in a surround mode with the 7's.

You planning to use the RF-3s as the 6'th channel? Does the system sound unbalanced with the "weaker" RF-3's in the rear? etc....

Thanks

DrPyro

------------------

Receiver: Denon AVR-3801

DVD: Denon DVD-1000

Front: RF-3's

Rear: RS-3's

Center: RC-3

SubW: KSW-12

DrPyro,

I will be re-arranging the RF3's next week once I get my room organized. I called Klipsch about my setup and they recommended using the RF3's as my surround back speakers.

I am not concerned about the level issue because I can adjust for that in my speaker setup in the receiver.

Once I have them setup, I will update you.

Ben

Ben congrats on your reciever choice,the big Matantz is one solid reciever and the Marantz monoblocks can only help.

I will use RF-5's as sourrounds,RC-7...center and the RF-7 as main what else.I may use the RB-5 as the second sourround set.

I will use the Denon 5800 as pre/pro,Celeste 4250SE for the RF-7's,Celeste 4150SE for the sourrounds,4070 bridged mono for the center.As you can see MUCHO power and quality here.

For now three Sunfire subs and a Revel B15 will serve sub duty.

BIG sounding HT for sure.

...my RF-7's are not yet in... Frown.gif I hope the Klipsch dealer get them by Friday.

TheEAR(s) Now theears

I heard both the RF7's & RF3's today for the first time. Let me first state that I currently run a pair of 89' Forte II's in my 2 channel music only system in a 11 x 18" basement room.

As the wife and I entered the approx 20 x 25' dealer listening room, the Talking Heads "Stop Making Sense" concert dvd was playing thru a pair of RF3's. We both thought it was too loud, but I also had the feeling that something wasn't quite right. The balance controls on the new Denon 4802 (on sale @ $2000) were set to flat, so I turned it down and looked for some sales help to hear the RF7's (on sale @ $1550)in the other corner.

I picked out Disturbed's "The Sickness" and was waiting to be blown over, but I heard a similarity to the RF3's - a somewhat muddy & congested sound. There was not much of a soundstage and short on dynamics. I came home and played the same track and there was no comparison - Forte's rule in my setup.

This is not a fair comparison considering that the setup, equipment, room size, (break-in?),and positioning will make all the difference in the world.

Btw, this dealer (American TV) still has some of the older KLF 20's, 30's and RP-5 speakers to get rid of.

Effective today thru monday, their special family pricing is in effect for those in their 10 store area.

I await further observations, reviews, and listening impressions!

Deang, I feel the same way about the KLF series. I don't think you would feel any different. I had a pair for a couple of months and felt the same way about them from the first listen to the last. Maybe if I had a significant amount of high frequency hearing loss I would have liked them better. Those speakers were seriously lacking in many areas. The Reference series is an entirely different sound so many people used to "traditional Klipsch sound" don't like them. They think Klipsch has sold out. I think Klipsch has progressed dramatically. One thing about demoing speakers at a store is the rarity one encounters in being able to listen to properly set up equipment. My RF-3's sound dramatically different at home than any I have heard in the stores. I can see why people rip on them without actually having heard them at home. I listened to the RF-5's vs. Boston Acoustics, Infinity, Definitive Technology, and KLF 20's last week and the RF's sounded so much better than any of it's competitors.

Nostalgia maximus

Some will always prefer refrigerator sized boxes with 15" hoarn loaded woofers,horn loaded midranges and horn loaded tweeters.Its fine its their taste.

While at it why not horn load the whole horn loaded speakers....corner loading! LOL

I like the Klipsch K-Horns and the large KLF30's!Yes they sound damn good on live rock,heavy metal and some techno!The slam is hige,no strain at all at high volumes.And even on more detailed music they can surprise many if the setup and room are right!Its a matter of taste.

I dislike the ProAc micromonitors,cant play loud,cant take the power of the BIG amp.Its a snob speaker(s),very nive sound,polite(too much),I dont buy that.Dynaudio on the other hand can take the watts and kick with the Klipsches and JBL's.

A speaker has to sound REAL,and for realism you need realistic output and good timbre,natural sounding speakers if you want.

The RF-5's give me detail,punch and the output I want.And they are NOT agressive(quality amplification is a must to enjoy the R series to the max).

The dealer still did not get my RF-7's Frown.gif

Damn they said "Next Week"...they better arrive next week.

Frown.gif

TheEAR(s) Now theears

Like TVodquote always does...

"Ears, I will give you my firstborn if you can post without using the following words: Krell, Bryston, Dynaudio, slam, bass, or LOL."

Just to make your weekend here goes. Smile.gif

Krell and Bryston have real bass slam on the Dyanudios.

LOL

I must have made some enemies here!

Why?

I am a real deal Klipscher and I like the SVS aproach to subs.The Vee in SVeeS Mr TVodquote would like to shoot the EAR(s) just because I dont pray to SVeeS.

And yes sarcasm is part of my daily life!

TheEAR(s) Now theears

• 3 weeks later...

Update:

Still Bloody Stunning. I finally installed a new DVPS9000ES and CD's sound even better now. DVD's are very good so long as the DVD movie is of good quality.

My new Sony KDP65XBR2 shows up how bad some of these DVD movies are. Before on my Sony V48 I did not notice but now on the 65" you see everything.

The RF3's work great as the rear channels. Highly recommended solution.

The RC7 is also superb and big improvement over the RC3.

All in all I am very very happy with my new RF7's and RC7.

Does any one have any recommendation on a good SUB. I have a KSW12, but I am looking at upgrading to two new subs for the front right and left positions.

Ben

BobG,

I have been waiting for a price quote from London Drugs but they have been unable to get it yet. What is your opinion of the SVS products in comparison to the new RSW-15?

Would I need 2 x RSW-15's or will one do the job My HT room is 21 feet x 33 feet. Should I sell my KSW12?

Ben

The only SVS to be worth to enter your HT system is the SVS Ultra.The Ultras are superb subwoofers,power and detail.No muddy,bloated boomy bass.Just definition and POWER.

At about $2300 you have TWO Ultra subs and the Samson 1000 amplifier!Great buy.

I cannot comment on the Klipsck RSW15 yet,I did not hear the unit.Klipsch better start shipping the units soon.I think the RSW series should be good.

TheEAR(s) Now theears

Its TWO passive subs and the Samson 1000 power amp.

As for the price its in US $.

I would get the two subs,I am sure one unit is plenty for most.For most,not all users.I am the type of sub maniac who must have at least two!

And my main HT room is 10*14 !Not meters,feet! cwm31.gif

Imagine the power I would need in a big room. cwm19.gif

You cant go wrong with the SVS Ultra,its a true audiophile sub and a bargain.Even at over two grand(US dollars).

TheEAR(s) Now theears