fisher kx100 on nos valves

33klfan

Does anyone have any information on this model that i could research? I saw one at nosvalves. I just want to learn about it. It seems like a decent price for a tube amp. I guess it's just an amp though. I would have to hook amps up to my nad and use the nad as a preamp. Just didn't know if i could get any input on that amp.

The KX 100 is a low powered integrated amp. I think about 18-25 WPC. You do not need a preamp. It has an excellent phono stage for you vinyl! It should work fine for Cornwalls, LS, or Khorns.

One other thing, I think it uses 7868 tubes which may be hard to find. I also found some info on the net that indicated the original kit manual (yours was a kit) had a wiring error in the phono jack are resulting in an ungrounded phono input jack. Don't know for sure. You would want to get a manual from the Fisher Doc before you got started restoring.

The KX100 is in wonderful condition with all original knobs and has been rebuilt. It has a brand new quad of output tubes and all other tubes are in great condition. The output tubes are not hard to find there made again today by EH and work perfectly. At $450 this amp is an absolute deal. I was told to include free shipping with this price. Joe is correct this is a fellow forum members amp that is moving up to separates. To tell you the truth it amazes me that it hasn't sold.

Craig

How well will this power my sf-1's. Does it have a sub out or of the sort. What's the year of it. How well would it handle rock music. Not heavy metal, but rock/ punk/rock. Would it sound better than what i have now. I can't obviously hear it with my system to know, and i don't know if there's any return policy. Like any tube amp if i bought through delivery order, it would have to satisfy my needs, and i have no idea if it would until i got it, and then i wouldn't want to be stuck with it if couldn't return it. Does a vintage like this require any upkeep, because i never had a tube amp and i would want it to last for a long time without having to do anything to it. Repairs that is.

33klfan, The amp you are thinking on was my first intro to tubes. It is

for sure a sweet amp! I got it and fell over in Love with tube sound. I

have a 2285 Marantz that it replaced, when it died I picked up a Scott

off Ebay while Craig had it in his hands. Now , I've gone separates and

asked Craig to sell it for me.

Larry