Reference Speakers - Please Help!!!!

kenjidm

Please help....Here's my current setup before I start..I have the Rf-25's, RC-25, RS-35's and RW-10...

Dilemna, is it ok to have the RS-35's if my others are Reference 25's??? Should I get the RB-25's or RB-35's???

Also, is this a good setup??

I am open to comments, criticism and suggestions.. Any feedback would be appreciated...

Thanks!!!

Welcome to the Forum kenjidm, [:)]

I agree with Bill, that you should be fine. I don't understand your dilemma if everything is already purchased, unless you have the option to take back your speakers and exchange them. If that's the case and you are trying to stay within the same budget, I would keep the Mains & Center in the 35 series and use either the RB-25's or RS-25's for surrounds.

Although there is nothing wrong with having the RS-35's in your setup--your front 3 speakers are where you want the most bang for your buck. That being said and if you can slightly go out of budget, I would consider the RC-7 with the RF-35's.

I am not sure how the price of the RF-35 Floorstanding speakers compare with the RB-75 bookshelf speakers, but that would be another way to go with the RC-7 and would be my choice, if doable. Good Luck. [;)] BTW, you made a mistake that I have done before by posting this in the wrong forum--this should be in "Home Theater."

I have nearly the exact same system as you; RF-25's, RC-25, and RS-35's. And a Sub-12. I settled upon the RS-35's due to the fact that I listen to SACD and some surround stuff that had me thinking I wanted to more closely match the size of the surround drivers with the mains. And I was not disappointed in any way. Since I use 80hz as the crossover point and all speakers set to "small" I see no huge advantage to the 35-series as mains. Some claim the 25's give a bit cleaner upper bass sound, but all I can say is that I did audition both, and was pleased with the 25's as mains and center. I also have a second system in a smaller room using RB-25's, RC-25, and RB-15's along with a BIC H-100 sub. I may end up going to RS-25's to replace the RB-15's, but only if I get a killer deal on them since I do not use that room much myself for listening. YOU ARE JUST FINE with your setup! Enjoy it![:D]