# of "Posts" or # of "Postings"??

oscarsear

Don't know if this is new, something amiss, or something I've not noticed before. Was reading a post that I and others had multiple inputs on. Well, I noticed that the listing that shows an individuals number of posts (u know like 3,284, or whatever) did not increment upwards with a 2nd or 3rd posting on the same link. It stayed the same number regardless of how many input posts a person added to that link.

So that's the question....... Is that roster itemizing that total number of input postings....or: Is that roster itemizing only the total number of individual posts/links that an individual participated in?????? If it's the latter some of these people must have over 10,000 input postings...all things considered!![8-)]

Now that I posted a reply to my new post my numbers of posts DID increase...by one.....buuuut,...........it did not increase by two.....one for the initial NEW post and another for my own reply to my new post. WAZ-up with that???? I can hardly wait to post THIS post to see what happens next.[:|]

O.K.!! The thing is a running roster......and now I feel a little stupid! But It's still lagging by one count. It did go up by one with the 3rd post (they all go up by one..a running count)...buuuut,.....the number did not go up by one when I started this post from it's last level on the previous post. So a new question emerges. Does a new posting count insofar as the quantified total of an indivduals postings (or some such thing)?????

I don't really have an answer to your questions but here is a comment or two. I don't watch the number too closely, but it believe the number that shows up under you avatar is just your current total. That is if you go back and look at your very first post from the day you joined it will have the same number as your last post. I don't know how they are counted; starting a thread versus replying to one.

Does that help at all?

Actually the problem is that I'm between stereos at the moment and I'm bored to tears. So little things,.. dumb, stupid little things are capturing my attention and needling at me. This silence is horrid. Next week I'll have a brand spanking new Accuphase E-530 integrated to keep me company. 30 watts of class A SET power. Found a good deal in Iowa............... LORD why does time pass so slooowwLYYY????[:(]