Got My Prelim Floorplans Done!

MPNX2

Alright, alright......enough with the audio side of things. [;)] [:)]

About that 110" screen you're thinking about.....Recently, in discussions with the good folks at Carada (screen manufacturer, internet based sales only), I asked them how big is too big or is there such a thing? Rex responded as follows:

"I was just in a calibration class this past week presented by one of the guru's in the industry - Joel Silver. His answer to the question of what's too big of a screen was that any calculation is a mathematical model for a subjective issue. Basically this means to me that there is not a definite right or wrong. Any numbers are simply guidelines. That being said, I have read, and other "experts" have told me that a screen whose width is 1/4 the depth of the room is generally considered to be appropriate in size for that room. My guess is that most everybody who buys our screens is pushing that number up somewhat. I believe this "rule" is as much about the appearance of the screen in the room when lit (and not in use) as much as the viewing during the use. And then there is the projector's ability to effectivity light up a "large" screen without degrading its image performance. Anyhow, by this "rule" your 28' room depth would call for a 7' wide screen which would convert to 92-96" (assuming a 16:9 A/R)."

Hope this helps.

Oh....and about the first time house building......hang on for the ride! [:o] Seriously though, my single biggest advice would be to speak to at least 5 folks who've used the builder you're planning to contract with and ask them about their experience. You've got a lovely floor plan and I'm sure the elevations are just as striking. It would be a shame to let a bad builder sour the beauty of the house.

Tom

Alright, alright......enough with the audio side of things. [;)] [:)]

About that 110" screen you're thinking about.....Recently, in discussions with the good folks at Carada (screen manufacturer, internet based sales only), I asked them how big is too big or is there such a thing? Rex responded as follows:

"I was just in a calibration class this past week presented by one of the guru's in the industry - Joel Silver. His answer to the question of what's too big of a screen was that any calculation is a mathematical model for a subjective issue. Basically this means to me that there is not a definite right or wrong. Any numbers are simply guidelines. That being said, I have read, and other "experts" have told me that a screen whose width is 1/4 the depth of the room is generally considered to be appropriate in size for that room. My guess is that most everybody who buys our screens is pushing that number up somewhat. I believe this "rule" is as much about the appearance of the screen in the room when lit (and not in use) as much as the viewing during the use. And then there is the projector's ability to effectivity light up a "large" screen without degrading its image performance. Anyhow, by this "rule" your 28' room depth would call for a 7' wide screen which would convert to 92-96" (assuming a 16:9 A/R)."

Hope this helps.

Oh....and about the first time house building......hang on for the ride! [:o] Seriously though, my single biggest advice would be to speak to at least 5 folks who've used the builder you're planning to contract with and ask them about their experience. You've got a lovely floor plan and I'm sure the elevations are just as striking. It would be a shame to let a bad builder sour the beauty of the house.

Tom

Thanks for the help and the compliments. I do plan on checking EVERY builder in my town and seeing what the have built before I settle on one.

As for the evelation drawings I have attached them for your viewing pleasure......

The two cars garages are needed. I have 2 trucks, 2 cars, 2 ATVS, and 1 streetbike, and 1 racebike... I need alot of space for them....

Elev.pdf