Power amp suggestions

JeffDurbin

Hey guys, got a question for you.

I just purchased a Fosgate FAP-T1+ pre-amp processor for $804 via www.woot.com and I need a 5 or 7 channel power amp to go with it. I would be willing to consider b-stock PROVIDED it comes with full warranty and not one of these cheesy 90-day warranties. Vendor must take credit cards so I can get an extra year of warranty coverage. I would like to keep my cost below $1,000.

It is replacing a 7-year-old HK AVR85.

Thanks!

Sherbourn 7/2100A

NAD T973

Are some good choices. There are a couple of the Sherbourn 7/2100A's on AudioGon for around $1400-$1500 but be prepared they weigh in at a solid 115lbs.

At only $1K for a budget you are going to have to look into a used 5 channel amp more than likely.

What about an Outlaw 7125 for $999 or an open box Adcom GFA7607 for $999 (down from an MSRP of $1,699)?

Both have 125wpc of realistic power into 8ohms.

Adcom - 125wpc 20Hz-20kHz @ 1%THD into 8ohms

Outlaw - 125wpc 20Hz-20kHz @ 0.05%THD into 8ohms

THD and IMD are very similar for both amps. Both have the trigger-on plug which is a nice feature.

They seem identical.

Both have 5-year warranties.

Rotel RMB-1075, msrp 1k or maybe 1200 by now, but its a dandy @ the price point. A true, clean, quiet 130 x 5. Used on agon can be had for around the 700 mark.

I've been researching this and the purchaser reviews at audioreview.com are quite enthusiastic and it looks like their pricing has been between $850 - $1,000 after negotiating with their local dealer. That puts it in my price range.

I'll have to do some listening. Based on stats alone, the Outlaw, Adcom and Rotel appear to be very similar.