HT Wall Primed and...

SCOOTERDOG

Today I finished primimg the main wall I built and painting the inside

equipment cove, Man it looks great! Tomorrow I will paint the room at

least one of the colors and install all of the shelves for the

equipment.

I'm still waiting for my door to the back of the cove to get here, should have been here on Friday.[:@]

We are also installing the double entry door to the theater tomorrow. I

can hear it now from my wife as she attemps to help me get it down

stairs. That's probably all I will be able to do this weekend but

during the week I'm going to finish all of the painting and install the

molding.

I want to get my equipment moved into it's new home so I can move some items out of the room.

Next weekend I'll complete the 2nd column and install them.

I'll post some pics tomorrow night of this weekends work.

scooter

By the time I finished last night I was so tired. I will take some pics this week and post them. I was origanlly going to do two color wall but after applying the faux finish it looked so freakein cool I decided I just wanted one color on the walls. The ceiling and door will be gray with all of the trim in black. The color of the walls is a burgandy wine color, very sweet.

will update with pics later in the week.

scooter

wooo hooo Keep us posted.....

Can't wait to see it here too...

My color from porter paints was Bing Cherry... looks like a crimson not quite too dark red to me Indiana University or "Classic" Movie Theater dark red... to me.

Congrats... I did black ceilings... Looks fantastic and focuses everything on the screen in front of you too.

Today I finished primimg the main wall I built and painting the inside

equipment cove, Man it looks great! Tomorrow I will paint the room at

least one of the colors and install all of the shelves for the

equipment.

The home stretch... nothing like seeing the light at the end of the

tunnel and realising it isn't a freight train. [;)] What's

special about the equipement door you chose?

Post some pics as soon as you get a chance...

Rob

Rob,

Actually there is nothing really special about the door. It is just oversized and routed. For the cost of it compared to making one myself it was about even so I just ordered one to save time...umm yeah save time.

Last night I cut all of the molding so tonight I will piant it black. This is going to look really cool with the color of the walls. Before I take any more pics I want to finish up on a couple of little things and clean up a bit. So I will post some by the end of the week.

scooter

Hi,

I am in the last stages of framing my HT and am thinking ahead. What texture do most HT ceilings have? I am going to drywall it and was going to plaster it. But looking at your pic, yours looks smooth? More sanding that way...:( Is that generally the way people do it? Does it matter?

My room will be 90% light controlled. One small basement window and a half glass door. Putting a pool table in half of my basement. My question on this is if I paint my ceiling black or a dark color will that be too noticble?

I need to keep the wife happy....and a black ceiling or dark one will be hard to sell.

Love your pics and can't wait for you to post more. I get some good ideas from everyone and inspiration....lol

My ceiling and walls are a popcorn texture. Very easy to do and paint. You can rent texture sprayers for under 40 bucks a day and the texture runs about 10 bucks that covers around 250 sqft. so depending on the size of your room you could be looking at 40 to 100 bucks for the texture and you should be able to do it in a day no prob.

My walls are a burgandy wine color and I used a faux roller, nice effect. The ceiling is a medium to dark gray. WAF was high!

scooter