few, finally moved a pair & (question to Amy)

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Its hard because virtually no one goes in here wanting an ipod sound system, but I managed to sell a pair to ironically someone returning z5500's who wanted a 2.1 system opposed to 5.1 (did not like rear speakers), and did not even own an ipod. Also, top that with the one day we actually had the system not hooked up! He was sold on the quality of the sats and I convinced him this would be a much higher quality system with better sound. And it is undoubtedly just that. He may decide to get an ipod layer, but I could care less, I hate ipods and I own the ifi's too, lol.

Question to Amy, can the ifi remote be programmed into a universal remote? This was a big criteria for him and I thought it could, but was not sure.

007, I believe there is a discrepancy in your quote. I believe it should actually state "...iPod can also be connected to whole-house audio systems." Not "..iFi can also be connected..."

I looked on the website to find that quote, I was unsuccessful. I remember seeing it, but believe it may not be there any longer. Can you guide me to it?

The iFi can not be connected to the ZON system due to the fact it is using it's own on-board amplification to the sat speakers/sub and the ZON system does not have an audio output to supply the iFi audio signal. The ZON system uses an amplified keypad to power the speakers located within that zone and to select sources, initiate/receive pages, control volume, ect. It does not have an audio line out. The audio signals are connected to the ZON system via input modules(ZIM-4) from cd players, tuners, iPods, ect. The signal is then sent to the router(ZR-98) and then to the keypads/zon controllers (ZAC-60)via CAT-5e/6 cable using proprietary communications. It's not possible to use the iFi as that zone's controller.

Also, as Andy mentioned, since the iFi does not have any audio line out, there is no way to use it as a source into the ZON system either.