Looking to buy beat up cornwalls

crazytubepower

I would like to buy some beat cornwalls for my next speakers. You ask why beat? I awnser...I figure I would like to venner them, there are a few reasons. First off I can get rid of the ugly plywood sides that show on the edges. Next I can get a finish I like. I will be redoing the grills, and adding new x-overs. This will be a father son project, so a good thing for my dad and I. Now back to the point, I am looking for the beat cornwalls, with perfect drivers however. I would like them to be in socal, because shipping is just too much.

Just asking for you guys to keep an eye out for me, As i will be keeping my open as well.

Thanks

James

I'm doing what you're planning on. Getting a lot of varied advice on the veneer thing. I think it's trickier than it looks. Check Mods Forum for info on this. But your project is a good one. CW's can often be gotten for around $500 in fair cosmetic shape and the innards are often pristine. Just need a new coat and they're fine furniture again.

Michael

As luck would have it I recently moved to the Reference 7 line of speakers and I have a pair of Cornwalls I'm looking to sell. They aren't in the best of shape cosmetically (scratches and a few chips) but I can guarantee the drivers, crossovers etc are in flawless condition. I'd be looking to get $500 for them. Let me know if you're interested. The speakers are located in State College, PA.