Half Priced iFi's direct from Klipsch

Amy

Perhaps we had a few returned because of this, but these early refurbs are mostly units used for reveiws, trade shows, photo shoots, etc. They are very lightly used, if at all.

Hi Amy, or anyone else who knows, are these iFis that were used for shows and such, tested again after the events to ensure that they still meet required specifications before they are sold off as refurb units? I'm hoping to take the plunge but I'm a little paranoid about "refurb"... :)

• 3 weeks later...

If you want peace of mind and think new would give you peace of mind,

go to your local costco where they are new at $199.99. If you get

it refurbed and recertified, they are probably just as good and save

you a trip driving to Costco. Warranty is different thought and

return policy also different.

MTMT

MTMT,

I think with all should have not posted here about the Costco deal as I am sure that Klipsch has an agreement with its vendors, and then we come along disrupting that agreement. And we are guests here. My Costco is out and receiving no more so I lucked out as I was going to get another set. I will order through Klipsch's Half Priced deal as any good manufacturer stands behinds their refurbished products, and I have had no problems with any refurbished product that I've purchased from a major name. Also, I can tell no difference from the two and as one manufacturer once told me, I'm better off with their refurbished units as they are extensively tested whereas the new units are randomly chosen for complete testing (I do not make claim that Klipsch does not do complete testing of their products, I am simply making a statement on refurbished products of another manufacturer); he was right as the unit I bought still works flawlessly. Bottom line: I am very thankful to Klipsch for allowing me such an outstanding deal on an exceptional product. Thanks.

MTMT,

I think with all should have not posted here about the Costco deal as I am sure that Klipsch has an agreement with its vendors, and then we come along disrupting that agreement. And we are guests here. My Costco is out and receiving no more so I lucked out as I was going to get another set. I will order through Klipsch's Half Priced deal as any good manufacturer stands behinds their refurbished products, and I have had no problems with any refurbished product that I've purchased from a major name. Also, I can tell no difference from the two and as one manufacturer once told me, I'm better off with their refurbished units as they are extensively tested whereas the new units are randomly chosen for complete testing (I do not make claim that Klipsch does not do complete testing of their products, I am simply making a statement on refurbished products of another manufacturer); he was right as the unit I bought still works flawlessly. Bottom line: I am very thankful to Klipsch for allowing me such an outstanding deal on an exceptional product. Thanks.

I wouldn't knock a another person for pointing out a great deal on any Klipsch product. (Costco limited time buy) The more Klipsch owners out there the better! Obliviously Klipsch gets a great deal of information by all the comments in these forums either pro or con.

For your information most electronic components are usually subject to limited testing (random batches), but any somewhat complex electrical assembly would have QA performed and be electrically tested to make sure it was working perfectly before shipment. I be surprised if Klipsch tested their refurbished speakers better then their new product.

With either deal you are getting a great speaker system!

Larry1,

Not chastising MTMT, and I trust it did not come off that way, but apparently it did--my apologies to MTMT and others. Just trying to be mindful of Klipsch wishing to sell direct their iFi units.

On another note, I am in love with my new iFi's...simply great sound, and my wife even allowed me to leave them in them in our master bedroom! Now that says something.

No worries. I do not feel chastised. My perspective is that we are in

the forum together sharing info. And the best info is to present

all relevant information to the consumer, making the consumer the

'winner' as they are the ones who ultimately support the companies by

their purchases.

As to costco vs refurbs, I simply presented pros and cons of both as I see them.

I myself was helped by Amy's comments enough that I did go out and purchase a unit.

Blessings,

MTMT