THE CHART ROOM

johnyholiday

Rockets on "F" Ford Motor Company the Bollinger Bands are getting squeezed on the 10 year monthly chart when Bollinger Bands get squeezed something is going to happen, the hard part is to figure out if the "BB Event Squeeze" will be to the upside or downside,some indicators seem to be pointing to the upside ,medium term F seems to be cycling ~$~ all dis claimers apply ~$~

post-16352-13819334833784_thumb.gif

• Replies 890
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.volvotreter.de/khorn.htm........."These seem to be the specs of the original K33E (found somewhere on the www): *Znom = 4 ohms

* Re(vc) = 3.5 ohms

* L = 1 mH @ 1kHz

* R = 1.03 ohm @ 1KHz

* Fs = 27Hz

* Sd = 890 cm² (13.5" diameter)

* Xmax = 6.67 mm

* Vas = 343 liters

* Qts = 0.633

* Qes = 0.684

* Qms = 8.5

* BL = 9.8 T*m

* Mms = 106 grams

* Cms = 0.305 mm/Newton

* Pmax = 150 Watts

.........This recomendation for a suitable driver is from the www as well:

* very low Fs (<25Hz)

* high Qts (>0.5)

* large Xmax (>6mm)

* large BL products >10 T*m

* Nominal impedence at 4ohms (horn loading brings it closer to 8 in operation)

* Compliance numbers around 0.3mm/N. The "orginal" plans call out a driver with lowest possible Fs preferably below 25Hz."

post-16352-13819334834104_thumb.jpg

That's about how I read them too. I'm going long on Ford, contrary to the abundant short interest, and hope they're the ones that are going to have to cover. I bought in today on the dip...I know I should've waited and bought after a breakout and retest of 9. I just hope my trailing stop saves my...

The only thing that really nags me is the condition of the over all market. Ford, to me anyways, seems to be wanting to go up, where as the indicators for the DOW don't give me the same warm fuzzy feeling. I was thinking the collapse of the ($TNX)10 year T bills would force the market back up. Unlike the panic buying the T bills had the last few days before they peaked, the anticipated panic selling to close the gaps has yet to materialize.

Boeing (BA) could be forming a Head and Shoulders pattern. The next two days should be telling I think. If Boeing tanks, I can't help but think the rest of the market may follow. There is one bullish divergence setting up for Boeing and that's the Ultimate Oscillator, however that alone isn't enough to make it tradeable.

Thanks

TC

China Update: The Shanghai Composite pulled back making a lower top.

This is an evolving topping process with lots of volatility as the bulls and bears try to establish

who will dominate. Bubbles have a lot of momentum behind them, so they don't usually

end with a "sharp down and its all over". Like any market topping process, it is a process

where high volatility sets in with lower tops occurring on pricing moves. See the next chart too...

post-16352-13819334975584_thumb.png

China Update:

Below is the Shanghai Composite with its 30 RSI (Relative Strength Indicator).

Note the Channel that the RSI is falling. It is a downward channel because the RSI is making lower tops

and lower bottoms.

The last RSI bottom was close to a reading of 50. A reading below 50 would put the Shanghai

at risk of breaking its 8 month support line to the downside.

It is taking a while for the Shanghai to lose steam, but the RSI is slowly deteriorating.

The Shanghai Composite is above its 8 month support line, but the RSI is indicating that

it will have increasing difficultly holding above this support as time moves forward.

post-16352-13819334976244_thumb.png

• 3 weeks later...

Yep johnys picken on China again,....China update:

The Chinese stock market dropped ~last week ... but it was no ordinary drop.

This one broke through its 8 month support line as see on the chart below. It did it

once before, BUT that drop in June quickly rose the same day and closed above support ...

this time it didn't.

The support drop was accompanied by a break of support on its Relative Support Index

as seen below. Its Relative Strength is now in negative territory because the RSI is

below 50.

This will not go unnoticed by large institutional investors and could give some

strong downside pressure as the time moves on. ~$~ all disclaimers apply ~$~ {no dibs}

post-16352-13819338949604_thumb.png

The chart below has two models superimposed on each other

on the top is New Highs Indicator Model a level of 150 or better

is a strong number of new highs. It isn't until it breaks below this number that investors can

find safe shorting conditions. Because if other technical indicators are suggesting that you

go short, and the trend/number on this indicator is above 150, then there are still too many

stocks breaking to new highs ... which is a sign of market strength.

These days, the market is driven by Liquidity injections. No matter what the market looks

like it might want to do, high liquidity inflows will ALWAYS drive the market higher. It is only when

Liquidity goes into contraction or into deceleration that the market will correct or pull back.

The middle graph shows Long Term Liquidity monitoring levels relative to the SPY below.

Safe shorting conditions need to have both the New Highs below 150 and Liquidity in Contraction. many investors were caught having to cover their short

positions before the close yesterday. That in turn, gave the market an extra boost at the close.The capitol preservation mangers walk up an down telling the traders to "cover the shorts no matter what !!!!"

post-16352-13819339049064_thumb.png

China's fighting back {just filling the resent gap down} and picken on johny but.......
The email said, "You nuts! Shanghai never go down." Chinese investors have a different viewpoint about their stock market. There is a belief that China's
growth and the direction of their country is traveling in an invincible direction.

Is the current euphoria in China allowing some of their investors to forget
June 14th. 2001,the Shanghai was at 2245. If you looked at the index 4 years later on June 6th. 2005,
the Shanghai was at 998.22 on its intra-day low. That was a drop of 1247 points or 55.5%.

It is now only two years past the June 2005 low, and the Shanghai was at 3915 this morning. In these two
most recent years, the Shanghai has climbed 292% or an average of 146% per year. Please don't think
that this can go on forever ... that the "Shanghai never go down".

If you look at the chart below, the Shanghai has recently had its second breach of it Major Support
during the last 6 weeks. At the same time, the Relative Strength for the Shanghai Composite has
fallen below 50 for the second time in the past 12 months... the index is now
coming under stress, just as the Chinese government is considering taxes to curb the euphoria.

The point of this discussion for U.S. investors, is that a precipitous drop on the Shanghai would put
considerable ?downside? or ?upside? pressure on the U.S. markets. We are not there yet, but the conditions are
showing deterioration, and therefore should be monitored. ~$~all disclaimers apply~$~

post-16352-13819339050194_thumb.png

There is a second developing condition that could have a real negative affect on the U.S. equity markets,

and it has to do with rising bond yields. Higher bond yields means higher interest rates{the cost of money}

the yield broke through a 7+ year resistance line in the beginning

of June. It is now holding above where it gapped up at that time, the second resistance line

in red on the chart, If! the 30 year yield moves above that red resistance line, then there will be

a panic reaction in our equities market.

China and the U.S. Bond yields should both be monitored as time goes forward. Smart investors

keep a forward eye on the positive events in the markets, but they also keep an eye on what might be

approaching them from other directions. ~$~ all disclaimers apply~$~

post-16352-13819339051174_thumb.png

The 8 year SPY,this is a "Inverse Head & Shoulders" formation ,{the right shoulder is sorta small it might flit around the neck line awhile more} if she breaks higher on good volume it will melt up!, if she breaks lower it will break down!, when formations fail watch out below,

it shows how the SPY finally made a 100% retracement

of its 155.75 Intra-Day Peak closing high (of 8 years ago)...TODAY!....

more important than the DOW reaching 14000 today because Financials are in trouble

and represent over 20% of the stocks in the S&P 500, wondering if the S&P can

continue up if the Financials drop, and some think that maybe semi-conductors could take their place

in spurring the S&P upward......

there are other repercussions to consider on the Financials ... besides a down move

in the sector, there would be spill over affects in terms of tighter credit .....in the fullness of time we shall see ~$~ all disclaimers apply ~$~ ......."como no?"

post-16352-13819339118784_thumb.png

Me & Me & Me agree......well prove it {Financials ,subprime,blah blah old news everyone knows,already priced-in the market}......."como no?"

NASDAQ/S&P 500 RATIO ,{ratio going up ,good for tech ,going down ,bad for tech} very pronounced and bullish consolidation its been 3 years,thats the "Rectangle Formation", and there are emerging technical signs that a major breakout is forthcoming one that would see technology stocks move to the forefront of market leadership the rally could well become explosive to the upside,

the nascent breakout above the 170-week moving average, the 20-week stochastic just now turning higher from oversold levels.,the "Unloved" technology sector is poised to gain substantial sponsorship. ~$~ all disclaimers apply ~$~

post-16352-13819339480156_thumb.png

Somethings got to give a lot of extremes..... Pure Chaos.....up or down

~$~ all disclaimers apply ~$~ ......edited 8:36 hours & minutes later... Bond markets correct {money is a tool, cost of using that tool,goes up}....Stock markets correct {making better right shoulder of the 8 year Inverse Head & Shoulders formation on S&P,lead back out by rotation to tech}.... Dollar goes up {large caps making money of lower dollar unloved}..... Gold goes down {dollar buys more of certain commodities}.....or vice versa to all of above? ~$~ all disclaimers apply ~$~

post-16352-13819339597464_thumb.png