Bringing Down the Corns

Jeff Matthews

Okay, these many posts about using Corns for HT has got me going. I'm going upstairs to carry down my Corns to my 65" DLP. I will hook them up to my Sony $150 surround package "amp" complete w/MDF speakers from Wal-Mart - if that's what you call it. Y'ep! I am carrying them down the stairs all by myself. If I'm not back in an hour, somebody call 911.

We'll see what these Corns sound like through my Wal-Mart special.

Okay, I made it faster than I thought. After minor back surgery Monday, I'll be okay again.

Well, guess what? If any of you have seen my numerous past posts telling people you'd better run a pretty dam* good amp to see what Klipsch are about....

My theory rings as true as ever!!!!!

My Wal-Mart special TOTALLY SUCKS! [:(]

My poor Corns are now being abused through a Sony that at absolute MAX volume, makes it sound like my buddy crawled down a deep sewer pipe and is trying to say something back up to me. The sound is like coming out of a tin can.... like... like...

Guess I need to run my Crown down next.... Maybe later. My Crown is best where it is ..... right by my KHorns. [:)]

But I'll check it out sometime, and if I like it, I'll be on asking you guys who wants to dump a good Crown for cheap.

I bet Michael does... [:)] Michael?

It's over my head, but I got un-lazy and brought down the Crown amp/Yamaha pre-amp combo and hooked it up. Sounds the way it's supposed to. Unfortunately, TV is what it is. It'll be nice to watch an action-packed DVD!

If I get a set-up for TV to use w/my Cornwalls, I think I could easily get by without a great amp. Maybe just a decent receiver w/a remote. After all, it is only TV. It would not pass by a long shot for serious stereo - but I got that covered upstairs in the "drum room" where it counts.

What do you think? Cheap, decent receiver for TV?