speakers

rockwell

i have been looking at used klipsch's on ebay and there are apparently certain series of the same model which are better than others.it would bother me much as i think it would most people,to find out that ,with more information,i could have done better.if i could talk to someone on the phone and get a crash course it would help a lot.

thanks,

jim

i am looking at klipschorns-heresys

go to your last thread titled 'speakers' I have given you some info on ways to turn here.

What you're looking at is the older Heritage series of Klipsch speakers, if you go up to PRODUCTS in the top menu, check out DISCONTINUED to get data sheets on the older speakers. These are larger, horn loaded or bass ported models for the most part. You can also use the SEARCH function in the upper right to check on posts about any model. There is a ton of info here.

I recommend that you take your time to gather some information to make an informed decision. Crash course is right at your fingertips.

Michael

Michael

First, it will help you to go back to your thread, review the replies, and then, post a reply in that same thread. Your questions are getting all separated out from all the responses. It's hard for people to know what has already been said. So, stay in this thread and keep your questions here by replying in it, and you'll get all the questions you want answered. There are very many extremely knowledgeable people here. I'm not one of them.

That said, there aren't that many series of the same model I am aware of. You will see Cornwall, Cornwall II, Chorus, Chorus II, etc. But they are limited.

Now, they may have some slight differences that an "audiophile" could talk your ears off about. But keep in mind, the differences will be slight.

Go back to your original thread and re-read my response. I think most here will find it very accurate in its general flavor. For instance, if you got Cornwalls or Cornwall II's, they'll sound so very close - and both very good. I own KHorns and Cornwalls, and I'd be perfectly comfortable buying Cornwalls or Cornwall II's - they are so close that you'll see the prices being asked are pretty much the same. Just looking at the pricing difference ought to tell you alot right there.

I think 90% or more of the members here will tell you that Cornwalls (generically, whether I or II), are the best bang for the buck. They rock the hell out of the place, sound great, and you can get a used pair for around $600 - 800.

Any other questions?

i am inerested in purchasing lascala/belle or cornwalls w/walnut finish in excellent coondition.i live in area code 23606,virginia and want to avoid high shipping costs.there is a nice set of cornwalls in texas on ebay but shipping is over $200.00 and i also worry about damage.

thanks for all the help,

rockwell