What to use with my RF-5's

TURPIN

I am putting together a HT package and am new to the process. My room is 14 X 32 with approximately 14 x 16 used as a theater(new construction) I purchase a nice pair of RF-5's, I am considering in/ceiling and in/wall for the rear, center still undecided, Receiver will be Integra ??? 7.1 with 100 wpc. All help is appreciated.

The RC-7 is the model designed to match your RF-5's.

For your surrounds, the new R5650S in-wall di-poles are the way to go

for your side di-poles. They are a great solution. For monopole

in-wall, R-5800W's are the matching in-walls, and R-5800C are the

matching in-ceiling models. You could drop down to the R5650W and

R5650C if space and/or budget dictate.

In your sized room (the speakers see the entire space), you are going

to need some bass power. The RSW-15 is the matching sub to your mains.

Twin RSW-12's would also work well.

• 2 weeks later...

I use the RC35 with my RF5's and it too is quite nice as a center speaker. I have a MITS 48511 in a similar sized room and was concerned that the RC7 - while an awesome speaker, was too big. The RC35 is nicely balanced with the RF5's, although I agree with the others that the RC7 is a great center for the RF5's - either way, you can't go wrong. I'm still working on what to use for the surrounds - leaning towards RS7's (If cost was no object, I'd get a pair of RF7's and move my RF5's to the rear - add the RC7 for front center and move the RC35 to the rear center. The biggest issue for me is have rears or surrounds on the floor is limited due to doors,etc in my room.)

Mark

I I'm still working on what to use for the surrounds - leaning towards RS7's (If cost was no object, I'd get a pair of RF7's and move my RF5's to the rear - add the RC7 for front center and move the RC35 to the rear center. The biggest issue for me is have rears or surrounds on the floor is limited due to doors,etc in my room.)

Mark

It sounds like the RS-7 would work well in your situation especially if you have multi listening positions or have to mount them higher on the wall due to room obstacles. If you have basically a confined "sweet spot," and could mount them linear with your seating position, the RB-75 Bookshelf speakers would be my choice for surrounds. [:)]

I have been considering the RS7's for some time, especially now that my recent move to a new home has changed the room I'll be using. Better space, but limited mounting options for the surrounds or rears due to doors, etc. The RS style is best suited for my space.

Mark