Wanting to make a change.

Trey Cannon

I just installed a Benq pe7700. It is a native resolution 720p DLP projector. So far I couldn't be happier. I've watched several football games in HD and they are fantastic. I know this machine is in a bit higher price zone than you were looking. I have a friend who has the infocus 4805 and loves it. The picture isn't HD but it is still a great picture. You really need to look at projector central that will answer a lot of your questions. Also check out the AVSforum site but take what they say there with a grain of salt since some are very bias in their opions.

Trey,

Seriously.... from one CRT guy to another.. Your current projector should easily be better than any of the entry level digital projectors. If you were starting out and looking for a proj I may have different advise, but since you have the CRT already unless it's having trouble I'd keep it in place.

Reading your further comments..... Your proj is VERY capable.... If you are looking to make any change it should be in your video source equipment. I believe your desire for change is running that proj with a 480 input.

If 4:3 video is your thing..... no big deal.... but you really owe it to yourself and that proj to drive it with something that can upscale and produce more lines.

To start out I'd suggest a simple PC with DVD software or upscaling DVD player for scaled DVD playback(Momitsu 880v for will drive 720p or 1080i directly to RGB). You may be amazed if all you are using today is older 480 inputs. And when you move to HD you won't believe it.

Actually..... How can you stand those scanlines at 480?

If you have any questions feel free to ask...... Or go hang out over at the www.avsforum.com Front Proj CRT forum.