New iFi at $199 at Costco

MTMT

Well, just got back from Costco where we saw a 'mountain' of iFi at

$199. Did a double take given the price but there it was. Wonder

if this is the new standard pricefor the iFi? 1 year

warranty, no shipping charges.

Sounds like a great deal. Still considering it but the subdued highs gives us pause. Any comments welcome.

Thanks,

MT

honestly, i dont know where these people pull this recessed highs from. The iFi's are by far the most transparent PC speakers I have ever heard. The tweeters are so far beyond what others in this price range are offering its not silly to be so picky.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Check out Costco's web page

the Klipsch iFi is going for $249 and is not a refurb! So much

for all those stores selling the iFi for list!

Haha. Also regarding the subdued highs...thats a very

minor audio quibble compared the really great sound you get from this

system! A slight adjust in EQ is all that needed if you

prefer a slightly more high end. Face it there aren't too many

small speaker systems that can fill your house with this much volume!

Quick note that the Costco units at $199 were new, and not refurbed. Great buy indeed, given the quality.

As to the 'recessed high', PC Mag which I've grown to trust in the

speakers reviews confirmed as much. Not being critical

here. Just increasingly realize what I like as we listen

primarily to classical music.

Thanks,

MTMT

Just for clarity, Costco online is selling new iFi systems for $249. However, you can get them in Costco stores new for $199.

Of course, you have to be a Costco club member. If you're not familiar with the store, it's a consumer warehouse club like Sam's club (about $50-100 for yearly membership). Note that Costco often gets a certain inventory of product and once they sell out they don't always restock. (I've gotten burned by waiting too long and I've missed some good deals.) Also, some things they have great deals on, some things they don't.

Neo33 which Costco in the SF bay area still had them? I noticed coming back from a trip they are no longer available online.

Update: Went to the closest Costco in the south bay to me and found a small pile of the iFi's still there. Grabbed one for $199! [:D]

I just figured that is the new price point that iFi would fall to. Could be wrong of course.

Just noticed that at Amazon, the Logitech 2300 is at around $60!

This is not in the same league as the iFi but my point is that these

2.1 speakers seem to be dropping seriously in price. Not sure

why. Perhaps China's manufacturing cost for these are dropping? I

was there a few months back and saw some very tasty bookshelf speakers

complete with nice tube amps and nice speaker stands at $250 US.

This is going off topic so I'll stop but the point is that China

manufacturing is really producing incredible value.

MTMT

I just figured that is the new price point that iFi would fall to. Could be wrong of course.

Just noticed that at Amazon, the Logitech 2300 is at around $60!

This is not in the same league as the iFi but my point is that these

2.1 speakers seem to be dropping seriously in price. Not sure

why. Perhaps China's manufacturing cost for these are dropping? I

was there a few months back and saw some very tasty bookshelf speakers

complete with nice tube amps and nice speaker stands at $250 US.

This is going off topic so I'll stop but the point is that China

manufacturing is really producing incredible value.

MTMT

We could hope that Klipsch would drop the list price as time goes on. Most of the reviews do mention the word "expensive." I speculate that Klipsch is about to release a revision of the iFi speakers (new remote, black) and is having Costco clear out excess stock of current model.

I've been waiting for this price to come along. I just got back from Costco (Dedham, MA) where they had at least a dozen iFi boxes out, and purchased one. It sounds great so far. I need to make some adjustments on the placement of the speakers, the subwoofer and the dock to minimize wire mess, but at least I can have a full sound now.

This price will certainly move some boxes.

Well, it looks like Costco across the nation is carrying brand new iFi

for $199. This is even better then the Klipsch iFi eBay

offering. I wonder why Klipsch has not lower the price on it new

iFi's yet?

Good things come to those who is willing to wait (like me [:)]).

I wonder how did Costco do it? Do they get them cheap from

Klipsch? Does that mean Klipsch is making nearly 100% profit?

About a week ago, our Costco had a mountain of iFi's. I got one over the weekend. I was there today and there were only three left.

I too was wondering if they're updating the system and working with Costco on a reduced priced. Who knows, but I'm glad I got this one. Many of the reviews I read wished the price was lower, but said it was well worth it at $400.

Spoke to someone at our Costco today. He implied that these may be just

a temporary item. The Costco sold 12 today. Still have 21

here. Not sure. He suggested that I pick one up in case

they sell out and that I can always return it later. Just a

thought. I did pick one up but did not open it yet until I know

that Klipsch will actually provide a Nano insert.

Klipsh? Nano insert?

MTMT

Well, I initially went to Costco two days ago I saw the iFi's for $199. Did a double-take, but walked on as I didn't believe it could possibly be the iFi's for that price. Next day, I told my wife I messed-up and that I should go back, because if they had any left, I'd purchased a set. When we entered the store I beelined for the location they were at, and they were gone. My wife said I look like a hurt puppy. She went her way and I went mine and lo and behold if they hadn't moved them. There were about five sets left, so I snatched one up pronto--zero hesitation. You simply cannot go wrong with that price, even if Klipsch does an EOL for this model. My wife has the Costco membership as I said I disliked going to the zoo to shop, but I have been eating my words ever since. Growing up as a service brat I can tell you that if you see a great deal at Costco--DO NOT HESITATE--buy it, as like the military, when it's gone, it's gone. Costco buys and sells on rare items like this the same way the military does. I am one happy puppy now. What a steal of a deal for this level of speakers.

Well, I initially went to Costco two days ago I saw the iFi's for $199. Did a double-take, but walked on as I didn't believe it could possibly be the iFi's for that price. Next day, I told my wife I messed-up and that I should go back, because if they had any left, I'd purchased a set. When we entered the store I beelined for the location they were at, and they were gone. My wife said I look like a hurt puppy. She went her way and I went mine and lo and behold if they hadn't moved them. There were about five sets left, so I snatched one up pronto--zero hesitation. You simply cannot go wrong with that price, even if Klipsch does an EOL for this model. My wife has the Costco membership as I said I disliked going to the zoo to shop, but I have been eating my words ever since. Growing up as a service brat I can tell you that if you see a great deal at Costco--DO NOT HESITATE--buy it, as like the military, when it's gone, it's gone. Costco buys and sells on rare items like this the same way the military does. I am one happy puppy now. What a steal of a deal for this level of speakers.

I think this deal took all of us quite unprepared...its is truly a very limited time holiday steal of a deal from Costco. Considering all the recent advertisements and reviews for the Klipsch iFi I seriously doubt a EOL on this flagship iPod speaker system. These speakers when used with a computer are very natural sounding and have excellent stereo imaging.