stereo amp/reciever recommendations?

voxr3m

I'm looking for an integrated amp or reciever for a 2 channel setup that's small (at least relative to some of the bigger options out there) and gets along nicely with 2 klipsch rsx-5's (sub might be added later). It should be readily available and doesn't have to be the best of the best. Just something practical and decent to be used with my computer/cd player.

I figure one day I'll eventually move these speakers off the promedia 5.1 ultra amp and to a dedicated reciever/amp. Might as well start looking now.

Any suggestions?

~$200 would be practical. I'm not looking for something overkill. Just something that'll match the speakers nicely and hopefully later a subwoofer. It should be something I can buy rather easily. If it's rare/hard to find, I probably won't have time to search it out.

Timely topic...

Just got an email from my sister this afternoon, she's wondering about what our folks should get for a receiver in the $100 range, used would be ok, but probably not ebay. Used only for listening to cds at low to moderate volumes on bad Radio Shack speakers. I'd say reliability is more important than top shelf specs or power output. The Technics it will be replacing I bought for them used in 1982 (?). It's finally giving up the ghost. Any ideas on replacements in that range and where to pick one up?

p.s. Sis is in Dallas, folks live near Austin TX, I'm in MN, so not like I can run over to see what's up with the old unit.

the rb is an amp...ie not volume or input controls...you would need a separate pre-amp unit for it...where the ra is and intergrated amp...with volume and input controls so no need for a preamp

ahh. I figured that was the difference. I wasn't sure though since I have no experience with these kind of things.

What other brands are worth considering?