F/S: Transcendent T-16 amplifier

k2dx

Mint condition factory built with ultra low noise power supply option. Circumstances require me to part with this (and some other items), it's a marvelous sounding amplifier.

http://www.transcendentsound.com/T16OTL.htm

price is 900. The new factory assembled amp is priced at 1770 (with low noise option), so this is a great deal. Next stop will be ePay......

• Like 1

I hope someone takes a look at this! It is an exceptionally fine sounding amp, and for an OTL priced very modestly. With the low-noise option, the one we had here for a couple of weeks was an outstanding match with our Klipschorns. If you are one who likes the glow of tubes, this thing is a forest of soft orange lamps with the lights turned out.

If not for some other recent purchases, I would jump on it in a second.

Erik

I'll throw in my $.02. This is a sweetheart of an amp and plenty of power to drive Heritage speakers to produce pleasant bass dynamics as well as the detailed, transparent, and airy HF for which the Transcendent amps have the well deserved rep.

A factory built Transcendent for less than the kit price is a rare find.

Mint condition factory built with ultra low noise power supply option. Circumstances require me to part with this (and some other items), it's a marvelous sounding amplifier.

http://www.transcendentsound.com/T16OTL.htm

price is 900. The new factory assembled amp is priced at 1770 (with low noise option), so this is a great deal. Next stop will be ePay......

• Like 1

Chris,

An OTL has no taps as there is no output transformer, the reason for its unique design.

Bruce R. has info on the Transcendent website.

The HIGHER the load impedance is the better the amp likes it, see the power ratings. 16 ohms is a good load. It worked nicely with 16 ohm khorns.

Fred

• Like 1