Vibrapods

jpm

My Rega Planet cd player is centered between my 7's... about 4' from the speakers on each side. The cdp is not in my rack. It's on top of the fireplace mantel. At killer volumes with rock muzak the cd will jump a bit (probably from the wall vibration), ceasing this nastiness as soon as I roll it down to 130 decibels or so. Will vibrapods (the $6 ea. models) eliminate this annoyance?

At killer volumes with rock muzak the cd will jump a bit (probably from the wall vibration), ceasing this nastiness as soon as I roll it down to 130 decibels or so. Will vibrapods (the $6 ea. models) eliminate this annoyance?

As soon as I roll it DOWN to 130 decibels or so??? Jesus... Ummmm.... You might need more than Vibrapods here. The Rega Planet already has some pretty nice feet for vibration (they did away with the flimsy transport and hard mounted it for sonic reasons - it brings more vibration probs if you dont have a good stand and are too near the speaker). Everyhing I have put under it from cones to Navcom pucks has been less of an improvement, sonically. You can always try them and send them back. However, if you have some tennis balls on hand, you can cut them in half and try this to get an idea, using three halves to test, saving some ducats in the process. Have you tried going into the rack? Is it a dedicated rack with spike feet or a makeshift rack? To tell you the truth, having the player do well at 130dB is a good start. Im surprised you even HEARD it skip! heh.... Like I stated, the Rega has an excellent Sony transport that is fixed, but your whole house might be vibrating beyond even vibrapod/navcom/floating in air status. Try the tennis balls for a starter.

kh

When you say 130dB exactly where and with what are you measuring these levels? What speaker and in what size room are you acheiving this with? Do you have any idea how loud that is? I like my music loud at times but 130dB is just plain insane. Few minutes of that will result in perminent long term hearing damage.

Craig

When my brother was using our dad's turntable years ago, it sat on the bottom shelf of a solid walnut credenza with an 18" DIY subwoofer enclosure sitting off to its side less than a foot away. He placed these virgin tennis balls underneath the Technics, and no matter how loudly he played his system, that stylus never skipped a beat on all his Cure and Depech Mode LP singles! This was back when he was driving our dad's Cornwalls with a 150 watt harman/kardon AV55 receiver...with his RadioShack digital SPL meter he'd easily measure over 120dB on peaks; nevertheless, those tennis balls (as ridiculous as they looked) seemed to do the trick![;)]

post-11084-13819276590462_thumb.jpg