the lowdown on the SUB-12...REALLY!

kramskoi

I heard a Klipsch sub with the F3's at Best Buy. It really made rock-n-roll unrealistic. Just WAY too much bass. Would have been good for rap or movie explosions/earthquakes, etc. Just not rock.

95 percent of the music i listen to is rock n roll in one form or another (mostly heavy metal). It sounds fine to me, blends really well with the F-3's in my house.

Nothing at BB ever sounds "right" to me. some setups there sound better than others but none sound "right".

when i went to look at the sub-12 they had the gain almost maxed out and the crossover at about 50hz. playing rap. the portable wall behind the speakers was rattling.....just sounded awful. i adjusted it to sound better. but it still didn't sound as good as it does in my house.

The gear sound 100X better at home.

Even listening to one of the Stereophile jazz/classical recordings with

the F3's (even with the SUB-12) on at home, it actually sounds proper.

Rock or anything like that sounds amazing as well.

Trust me - if not, you have 30 days to bring it back!

I was at Best Buy and they had the Synergy surround system set up in a large space abou 40ft X60ftX25Ft. The system ROCKED! The bass (Star wars DVD) was awesome. The SUB-12 can easily fill a normal room with thunderous bass. I was EXTREMELY impressed. It is far and away the best sub for the money that I have ever heard. I am going to buy one as soon as they hit $450.00 at Best Buy. Oh, and they had a Bose system set up with the Bass Module kicking with everything it had. It was weak, in fact VERY weak compared to the SUB 12 and it was the large Bass Module. A sad state of affairs for Bose.

The entire Synergy system sounded amazing in a HUGE open space. I can't believe how some people knock the Synergy System, it is the most speaker for the money, and the best buy available. It easily outperforms systems costing 50% more. They are beyond belief amazing!