Which sub with KLF-20 system

Gnarly717

Hello,

Considering subs for my HT setup, the KLF-20's. Looking for musical as much as LFE. Any reccommendations.

Was looking at the KSW, not sure I can afford the new ones. Also, looking at the SVS powered series. Tho I feel almost like a traitor saying that on the Klipsch site (unless Klipsch owns them???? would explain why they remain so quite about the other company)

Anyway, that is the price range I am considering. The sub$1000.

Thanks for the help

Matt

------------------

"The Legends Continue!"

Gnarly if you are looking for a sub $1000 sub then the choices are vast.

For starters the SVS Cylinder series would be a great match and cost you well under $1000.Low clean bass in quantity.(depending on the model the bass goes from 30Hz to below 20Hz).

Next you have the Paradigm 2200,a larger sub.250W RMS amp,12 driver.Deep bass,good punch(not as fast as the SVS...).Around $600.Good to about 20Hz(not much power there).

Sunfire Mark II ,very compact sub with big output,very high quality low bass.Must be cut under 60Hz to sound best.Can be had around $1000.Solid to 25Hz.

PolkAudio 650,twin 10" woofers.250W amp.Good sounding powerful sub.Just no real bass below 25Hz.

That is all I heard that sound good and is not too expensive.

TheEAR(s) Now theears

Gnarly717, If your going to choose between the KSW and SVS then there's no choice but SVS. I've owned both the KSW-10 and KSW-12 and now own 2 20-39CS, I can't begin to tell you how much louder, tighter, faster and pretty damn good with music too that the SVS subs are in comparison. Remember they give tou a 45 day money back guarantee if your not satisfied.

Craig

------------------

Klipsch KLF30 Mains

Klipsch KLF-C7 Center

Klipsch KSP-S6 Surrounds

Klipsch KG4 Surrounds

Klipsch KSB 1.1 Front Effects

Dual SVS 20-39CS Sub's

Samaon S700 Sub Amp

ART 351 Eq.

Yamaha DSP-A1

Yamaha MDX-793 Mini disc

Yamaha TX-492 Tuner

Sony CDP-C701ES 5 disc Player

Panasonic A110 DVD

Hitachi MX6080EM Muli-system HI-FI VCR

Hitachi 29" T.V.

Denon DP-37F Turntable

LOL,

thanks for the responses so fast. I was planning doing a little listening but we really only have circrap city and Tweeter. They are ok but never seem to have decent stuff. Or in the case of circrap city, everything is blown by people who don't know whay they are doing. (would never buy open box at that store!)

I will most certainly check out the SVS stuff, have been reading thier web site since I made this post and am liking what I see. I think they have my prefrences in mind. I like accurate bass. Not much for the boomy stuff.

Beside, I bet the SVS's hide pretty well behind the KLF's They look like they are about the same size.

Thanks again!

gnarly

------------------

"The Legends Continue!"

"I like accurate bass."

This says you will prefer the SVS.When I heard the Ultras at home I was very impressed how accurate the bass was!No boomyness,no audible distortion,just clean bass that has no limit(to me in my small room).

The SVS line quality bass compares well to much more expensive subs like the Aerial Acoustics SW12!And Aerial is a fast,defined and has BIG output to even below 20Hz!This has to say good things about SVS.

SVS has won my respect,soon it will sit along the Aerial in my music system!No other subs are worthy to play with the Dynes 3.3's.Mr TV's subs are true bargains.

TheEAR(s) Now theears