Ebay listing with La Scala parts...anyone want to split?

jwc

I guy has parts for La Scalas on Ebay and is selling them as a group. I am interested in the doghouses only. Is any anyone interested in these and not the doghouses? I would be willing to pay the winning bidder the money for the doghouses directly and see if the seller would mail me the doghouse to cut down on shipping.

I would be willing to some odds and ends work on that AL network for parts cost if need be to make the deal.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5843856620&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

Yep, I'm the high bidder for now. I need the squawkers, tweaters, drivers, and network for a couple of k-horn bass bins I found :> I'll be happy to share the dog houses and bass drivers with anyone who needs them. The networks could be negotiable as well since I'm interested in Al's ESL design.

David

I ran across that auction and didn't bid because I recalled Yaffstone's name from here. It really helps if our ebay names are the same as Forum names. Congrats on the great deal!

Do you care to part out the EV-15 woofers?

Oh, and what networks were with those? My LSI's all have the dreaded AL's. I'd like to swap for any more modern design. Can't afford new ones right now. Thanks.

Michael

I'd like to express my gratitude for other members not bidding agianst me. This is a great community. I am working with a pair of khorn bass bins I scored out of a barn about a month ago. They were home made in the 60's and are in relatively good shape. I plan to build top sections and re-veneer the bass bins in matching wood. What all this boils down to is that for now I need all but the LS dog houses. BTW, the crossovers appear to be type A. Michael, I'd trade for your AL's if you want since I plan to purchase ALK ESL in the long run.

All the best for the New Year,

David

Thanks for the offer on the xovers David, but I looked at the photo- holy cow, where were those things stored? And I thought the ones on the four ugle LS I got from Thumplestiltskin were corroded. Think I'll have to pass on that, at least these AL's have clean salvagable parts. If you get up and running before your new xovers are ready, I'll LOAN you a pair of my AL's (that I swapped out for BEC's AA/A's) in my pair of LSBR's.

Are you going to be using those EV woofers or are those for sale? They are 8 ohms to start with and are probably entirely wrong for the Khorn bass bin.

Thanks,

Michael

I had been under the impression that K-horn and LaScala used the same drivers. I'll have to do some research on the EV's before I can make a call on whether to sell them. As for the networks, I might just rebuild the A's for initial testing purposes. The caps are long gone in any case; I doubt there should be anything wrong with the inductors though. Connector strips are easy to come by at Radio Shack. The real hold up here is going to be the woodwork. I've built a 5 string viola, but cabinet work will be new to me. Vaneer could pose something of a chalange as well...

The K33's used in Khorn, LS, CW are all 4 ohm. Those EV's are 8. I suppose you could change the crossover, but you'll be degrading the output level substantially.

I did use EV15L's in my CW's for a while when my K33's were being reconed. Not bad sound in that cabinet, but I'd imagine the Khorn is a little pickier.

You can buy brand spankin new K33's from Klipsch or BEC for like $130. Best deal on the planet.

Michael