RB 75 or RS 7

kktvbob

I bought my son a RC 7 for Christmas. Then he turned around a bought a pair of RF 7,s. They should be in Tuesday at the store. When we were looking at them they had a pair in stock but were sold minutes before we checked out. We saw a couple looking at them and they beat us to checking out so my son will wait a few days. Now the question I have is what do you think RS 7,s or RB 75 for the rears on a 7.1 system. No one in town has the RB 75,s in stock but we did listen to the RS 7,s. I would think 4 RB 75,s would sound better and match the RF 7,s better since they have the same tweeter. Plus I think the mono pole would be better for music. I never ran a speaker like the RS 7. We my need to take a ride to Denver and see if someone carries the RB 75. He bought the speakers at Ultimate (sound track) they are getting better with the deals because they beat the other shop in town. No one carries the Heritage line but Ultimate has a pair of the new Heresy III in the warehouse in Denver. They will not ship them to a store unless you buy them oh well I will not get to hear them. Thanks for any input.

I have the RS7's for use in my HT. I spent several hours when I first had them home - listening to them as mains for stereo listening. I was AMAZED at how GOOD they sounded for music. Either choice will be good. THe RB75 have been given rave reviews for music and for use as rears in a HT setup. The RS7's are also quite good and the WIDE disperion design is a real plus for movies etc.

I have a 7.1 system, and I think the rb-75s are better, hands down - even for movies. I had dipoles when I was running a 5.1 setup, and they were better for movies in a 5.1 system, because they didn't overly localize ambient surround noise. With the 7.1 system you want more localization, because otherwise things don't pan behind you as realistically. And of course the music performance is much better.

Some people point out that there aren't any "true" 7.1 sources, but if you get a pre/pro or reciever that has a good DD PLIIx implimentation it makes a HUGE improvement on the quality of surround sound in movies. Things don't just jump from one side to the other, sounds actually move fluidly around you, which is awesome when you are watching a Starwars spaceship battle, or hearing the bullets fly around you in Master and Commander.

If you can afford them, go for four rear rb-75s, you won't be sorry!

With Blueray or HDDVD it will have Dolby Digital Plus that is 7.1. That is way I,m looking for a set of Cornwall,s to move from 6.1 to 7.1 on my syetem and my son may start with 5.1 but will need to move to 7.1 down the road. He can only run 6.1 with his receiver but you must look down the road so you only buy your speakers once.