First Come - First Searve........C22 Inner Glass

Gilbert

If you own a C22, and are in need of an inner glass.....have I got a deal for you.

Some months ago I purchased a replacement inner glass from a seller in Germany. After almost 2 months of waiting and never recieving the glass, the seller sent me another one. Now, about 3 months later, I finally recieved the originally shipped glass, which was apparently held up at customs.

This particular glass is ALMOST identical to the original. The only difference is that this particular glass does not have the "McIntosh" name on it. Other than that, it is identical.

If you want it, it's yours. First person to PM me with a shipping address will get it. All I ask is that you send me $10 for shipping costs.

If you want an exact copy, you can buy from him direct, as he has now corrected this problem. The glass is an EXACT duplicate, and you will be hard pressed to tell the difference. His work is perfect. Craig can attest to the quality, as he has installed one for me already.

Does anybody know if this guy is using a waterslide type decal on his reproductions glass (similar to the original McIntosh glass) or is he screen printing with white ink right onto the glass? I could use one of these things if he's using decals to repair a couple of missing letters on some other McIntosh units I have.

Years ago, the first McIntosh piece I ever tried to clean was an MX110, I used a bit too much water on the glass and all the lettering started to slide all over the place. I was able to neatly slide all of the letters back into place but lost and "E" somewhere along the way. I couldn't believe all the lettering was a bunch of little water slide decals. My Marantz 10B glass is the same way.

I've asked the seller from one of his ebay auctions but haven't heard back yet.

Gilbert, if you can tell by looking at it, let me know. Thanks.

That MX110 will be for sale shortly if anyone is interested. It's a outstanding condition, total refurb by AudioClassics etc. great preamp tuner but I have two of them and only need one.

Does anybody know if this guy is using a waterslide type decal on his reproductions glass (similar to the original McIntosh glass) or is he screen printing with white ink right onto the glass? I could use one of these things if he's using decals to repair a couple of missing letters on some other McIntosh units I have.

I've asked the seller from one of his ebay auctions but haven't heard back yet.

Gilbert, if you can tell by looking at it, let me know. Thanks.

Hey Scott,

Hubert is a bit slow to respond, and his english is a bit broken. From examining my glass, the process appears to be the same thing that McIntosh used, ie waterslide decal type. Anyway, good luck with whatever you decide to do.

• 14 years later...

Gilbert-

i realize this post was from 14 years ago, but I’ve got my fingers crossed that you still have Hubert’s info. I made the horrible mistake of asking my local shop to try and carefully blow out some of the dust between my two pieces of inner glass on my C22 when it was in for service. Letters were all perfect... now the dust is gone & so are two input labels. Ugh. If you could please forward his info, I’d really appreciate it!

Thanks in advance for your help/time. 
regards,

Brian

On 2/5/2020 at 12:16 AM, Pezzgato said:

Gilbert-

i realize this post was from 14 years ago, but I’ve got my fingers crossed that you still have Hubert’s info. I made the horrible mistake of asking my local shop to try and carefully blow out some of the dust between my two pieces of inner glass on my C22 when it was in for service. Letters were all perfect... now the dust is gone & so are two input labels. Ugh. If you could please forward his info, I’d really appreciate it!

Thanks in advance for your help/time. 
regards,

Brian

I'll look for it, I keep records for a lot of my gear, you never know when you're gonna need it.  You can also try "Audio Classics", some of the guys there are very helpful with sourcing components even it they don't stock it themselves.