What's the best wire to use when rewiring the drivers.

Tommytutor

That will teach me to not read the second line in the address! heh.... lordy. Here's to some EDITING of that post; there went my humourous lines!

I have read some of Pauls musings and dont always agree with him, although he designed some very compelling speakers. As for the wire comments, I stand on this by years of experience.

kh

This message has been edited by mobile homeless on 12-01-2001 at 09:50 AM

no guys, it wasn't Mr. Klipsch himself. When I worked there, talk about someone that couldn't hear. ha ha ha

to be honest, cwm42.gif i was entertaining myself seeing how you guys on this board would react to such a controversial issue, being that i'm new here and all.

kent

Reminds me of this big breasted young lady I dated years and years ago.We went out to eat at a well known local Italian resturant.While looking at the menu I casually mentioned that I was considering the Veal Scallopine,at which time my date frowned and gently shook her head.I ordered something else.

Years later my lovely wife and I had dinner at the same resturant and yes,I ordered the Veal Scallopine.Boy,was it delicious!It was the second best dish I ever laid my hands on!

I learned then that decisions are best made based on personal experience.

Keith

This message has been edited by talktoKeith on 12-02-2001 at 01:03 AM

Greetings Board,

Im a new member just to get that out of the way but I have been a klipsch fan since I was about 18 (28 now) and I have owned a pair of Klipsch quartets for about five years now.

Ill get to the point because I can talk about these speakers literally all day long. Yesturday morning 12/7 after reading the posts about re-wiring I decided to give it a shot, I have been thinking about doing it for about two years but was always scared because ot the soldering. Anyway I went to car audio store and picked up some nice 16 gauge copper wire for the mid's and highs and got some thicker 12 gauge for the woofer, so after abou ten dollars total and five hours of labor I was done and ready for the listen.

Sonically on CD my best recordings are Getz/Gilberto Stan Getz and Joao Gilberto featuring Antonio Carlos Joblim amd James Brown's Body heat for vinyl, so I put in the CD and there it was, everything that I had been missing, don't get me wrong, my system sounded Damn good before I must say but now everything sounded just so much better, I couldn't belive such a huge improvement can come from a litte ten dollar investment and a litte labor, anyone who says that changing the wire won't do anything really dosent know what the hell they are talking about quite frankly because I'am a living witness that would not lie to you, I stayed up until 3:00 am listening to almost every CD in my collection. Well, there you have it, it works, do it, Im out.

System

Musical Concepts CDT-4 Transport

Musical Design Sp-2B line vacume tupe pre-amp

Adcom GFA II amp and a vintage refurbished RCA 4 watt SET amp that is more detailed than I can describe.

MIT 2 Innerconnects

MIT MH 750 speaker cable

ps. MIT cables are good for horns because of the way of the networking sysytem takes away a lot of the distortion that the signal picks up traveling through the electronics and since horns are really revealing you want you signal as distortion free as possible because that brightness that most people talk about in the horn system is nothing more that distortion because most people dont have the right electronics to fully enjoy klipsch we all know the Klipsch bashers out there, anyway. Just a tip, try MIT cables and sorry about the rambling.

Shan,

Congradulations on the work. You can now (if you wish) make the addendum to your equipment list as Quartets (Cornell Hotwired). Jim would be proud I'm sure.

Funny you mentioned MIT. I just bought a pair of MITerminator 2 Bi-Wire speaker cables from Audio Advisor. Great deal at half off MSRP. They're past the 48 hour break in period but still counting the hours for the remaining 25%. Man I can't wait till we get rid of that party-pit couch that's blocking most of the left channel!cwm6.gif

------------------

Tom

KLF-20 Mahogany (Cornell Hotwired)

McIntosh C33 Preamp

McIntosh MVP-841 CD/DVD

Rotel RB-1080 Amp

Yamaha PF-800 Turntable/ Sure V15 Type V Cartridge

Ortofon VMS-30 mkII Cartridge

Stanton 999SS Cartridge

Yamaha K-1020 Cassette

dbx 1231 EQ

H.H. Scott 830z Analyzer

Monster Interlink 400mk II

Monster Interlink 300mk II

Monster Video 2 (DVD to TV)

Monster Power HTS-5000

MIT Terminator 2 Bi-Wire Speaker cables (and I do mean CABLES)

Studio Tech U-48RW Cabinet

Vibrapods

Enough empty boxes for a fire hazard!

This message has been edited by tblasing on 12-11-2001 at 04:40 PM