Hi, have anyone had the chance to listen to the Danley DTS 20?

Freak Nasty

How does it sound, what kind of sound would we expect, is it as good and clean as the RSW's or as the SVS etc.. How can it be so good.. with one 12" driver and clever designed.. is it really possible. For $3000 this sounds like a bargain and many companies even SVS should be worried don't u think.. most of us here are bass freak.. size doesn't matter that much.. for some.. need to consider WAF too.. But what if you had the space.. would you consider getting one vs lets say 2x SVS Ultra's .. what do u guys think.. ?

I'm not sure exactly what the final internal cabinet volume for that sub is, but there are plenty other DIY options out there that can outperform it. If you're really serious about bass then you must go with an IB design.

For the price I can think of a few ported designs that will work just as well too...

Nevertheless, that's not to say that the DTS is a bad peformer either...

I'm not sure exactly what the final internal cabinet volume for that sub is, but there are plenty other DIY options out there that can outperform it. If you're really serious about bass then you must go with an IB design.

For the price I can think of a few ported designs that will work just as well too...

Nevertheless, that's not to say that the DTS is a bad peformer either...

Dr Who,

What DIY options would you put in the forefront?

Chris

I believe his post infers that an IB is the way to go. I know it was for me. No more big box in the room and usefull output into the single digits. I've gotten 110 dB from mine at 10Hz 14' from the sub. It's capable of more if I were to rewire it at 2 Ohms. Besides SPL, the best thing about an IB is the SQ. It's better than any box or tube I've owned.

After an IB, I would go with something like a pair of AES AV15 with PR's or Adire Audio Tumults with PR's (one driver per cabinet per corner). You can get similar SPL's in a smaller cabinet and dig flat below 20Hz anechoic. And coming shortly is the AES HE15 which will just demolish any other option out there.

It's interesting to note that IB's are also the cheapest options. They are also best suited for passing the WAF factor too.